Chapter eighteen

After the banter had died down they both made their way to the large living room as Dream walked to the attached kitchen to grab a snack and George sat on the sofa and immediately switched to the 'news' channel on the television as he usually did since the day he got himself kidnapped. One of the channels displayed news that related to the shorter, following the police through their intense search of the neighbourhood and town he lived in. It was all repetitive for him by now so he was unconcerned.

Dream sat on the sofa next to him and watched as a reporter interviewed the head detective, neither of the two really paid that much attention as the television spewed out sounds in the background as they spoke and made small talk, but Dream seemed to stop mid sentence to look up when he heard something that caught his attention quickly, to which the brunette too, diverted his gaze to the TV.

"So where else will the search take you? will you please elaborate sir" the lady with the microphone asked the head detective seemingly to repeat what he had just said.

"The neighbouring, surrounding towns, all three of them" he said.

"Shit" Dream blurted while still facing the television. 'Shit' indeed, they were situated in one of those three neighbouring towns that was supposed to be searched for missing George, the blonde could have never expected the police to go that far into their investigation.

"Till when would that work?" The lady asked, "for the next three days, the three towns will be searched simultaneously then after three days we will increase the area of the search again, but we will find that boy..." the detective said and after that he was ushered away by his coworker for discussion.

The taller sat there with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration, the cops infuriated him and he wanted to also shatter the detective's will to find the younger, because he too, did not like losing. Until he remembered what happened that morning and what exactly he wanted to wake George for, he immediately turned to face the brunette who was startled a bit at the taller's sudden movement but he too wanted to know what Dream's plan for him was, he felt conscious and felt like he was now a burden to the blonde.

"Wanna go on a holiday?" Dream asked with a smirk plastered on his proud face.

"What?"

"I have a business trip to on, we'll get away for those days specifically when their searching, easy peasy!" The blonde said while feeling very proud of his idea.

"I'm already causing you so much trouble, maybe it would be best if i went back-" George was cut of by the taller as he wrapped his hand around the shorter's neck playfully pulling him slightly lower and closer.

"Awe man come on, don't say such melodramatic things, it will be fun, it's fun for me Georgie!"

"Alright then" George said softly after a long sigh, ignoring the pet name the blonde called him by, and due to his reassurance, the shorter agreed. Not soon after the table phone rang close to George as he looked at Dream.

"Pick it" Dream urged him with a grin.

"How can I do that?" The shorter panicked, he could guess who would be the most probable to call as the person the house belonged to, was part of a mafia group.

"I'm lazy to get up, just say you're my assistant or something if it's my men"

George unwillingly picked the phone and brought it close to his ear slowly, he did not want to talk to a mafia member except Dream or he certainly did not want to hear a beheading on call, the voice on the other end called out loudly "Dream! They're searching your town!" The voice was familiar and brought a smile to the shorter's face immediately, it was his best friend, Sapnap.

"Sapnap!" George exclaimed as he giggled with the other who was also shouting George's name saying things like 'I missed you' or 'it's been long why didn't you guys call?'. When the excitement had subsided a little Dream took away the phone from the brunette knowing well enough that the two would never get to the point, he explained the whole thing to Sapnap, the business trip and everything that came along with it, the other sighed in relief thanking Dream again.

"It's not only you that wants him safe now, you dummy" George pretended that he hadn't heard what Dream just said as he blushed turning red around his face, and with those simple words Sapnap knew that the blonde had gotten at least a bit attached to the shorter that currently sat next to him hiding his face by turning away.