"Hey, girl. What's up?" I answered the phone, and she was in a panic.

"I'm sorry for calling you so late. I need you to check on Barron. I think something is wrong with him. He called me, and he didn't sound too good. I've been trying to call him back, and he hasn't answered. I'm on my way, but I'm all the way on the other side of town."

I glanced over at my watch. We had just got to the club. It's only five minutes away from my apartment.

I took my car keys out of my bag. Although I was terrified to face him again, Briana sounded very worried. I'm just going to have to put my big girl pants on and brace myself. It should just take a couple of minutes to check on him and come back to the club. I'm sure he's fine. He's probably on his laptop getting some work done, like always.

"I'm on my way. I'll call you back." I said to Briana before hanging up.

I told Yolanda and the other girls that I had to grab something at my apartment for my job. If they knew I was going to check on Barron that would open up a can of worms that I am in no way prepared for.

When I parked my car in the parking garage I could not help but feel as though someone was watching me. My eyes scanned the area, searching around my surroundings, but I didn't see anyone. I shook off the weird feeling off and took the elevator to Barron's floor.

The eerie feeling I had was hard to explain. I knocked on Barron's door, but there was no answer. His car is in the garage, so I know he is inside. I turned the doorknob, and thankfully, his door was unlocked. I might regret this, but I entered his apartment.

His lights were on, and there was a weird smell roaming around the apartment. It was the pungent smell of vomit.

"Barron," I shouted out walking past the kitchen.

I froze when I reached the hallway. Barron was lying on the ground unconscious. After a quick moment of panic, I rushed to his side. He was breathing, but he was covered in sweat.

I took out my phone and called for an ambulance. When the EMTs showed up they put him on a stretcher and put him in the back of the ambulance.

I don't know why. Honestly, I was not really thinking, but I got in the back of the ambulance with him. I was scared out of my mind.

I've only been in the back of an ambulance one time before. It was when my grandpa had a heart attack. I was thirteen years old, and I was staying the summer with him and my grandmother. Graham was just born, and my mom had just been promoted at her job. Being the oldest, I was there to see the financial struggles my parents faced before they got stable.

My grandparents jumped at the chance to help them out. For the most part, I remember having fun. I made friends with the kids in the neighborhood that were around my age, and I got to get a better relationship with my grandparents.

It's also a summer I'm never going to forget. My grandpa ended up dying right in front of me, I literally watched him take his last breath, and it was one of the most haunting experiences I've ever had. I loved my grandpa dearly, and his death took a toll on me.

My eyes were on Barron. His tan skin was pale, and he appeared lifeless lying on that stretcher. They hooked him up to an IV, and they began to spew medical terminology at each other that I could not understand.

I just sat there confused and cried the entire ride.

I waited in the lobby as they worked on Barron. After a couple of minutes,

Briana and Andy rushed in. They both seemed to be panicking. I felt bad, that I left my friends stranded in the club, but everything happened so fast. After all of them cussed me out in our group message, I explained the situation, and they all understood and took an Uber home.