🎆 XCV: Gratitude

Start from the beginning

"That it wasn't necessary and that you're kind of picky." He just says though you were kind of skeptical at first. "Sounds like him, alright." You shrug.

"But wow, you and Andrei Williams actually became friends." You say in astonishment and the athlete couldn't help but agree. 

He remembered the first time the foreign athlete had declared war with him in the court. He was just a rookie in the professional scene who was still undergoing training. And the only reason for that declaration of war was well... you.

You, who just casually came up to him and one sidedly declared that you'd be his trainer when a lot of athletes who had already proven themselves were asking for your guidance. He shakes his head as remembers your words, the catalyst for the connection binding the two of you until now. 

"I'll make you strong!"  Your voice reverberates clearly on his ears. It makes him wonder how you could declare something like that to someone you've barely known... and how he'd never actually said something in return.

"Thank you, Claire." 

You suddenly look at him, "For what?" You asked but he doesn't reply and only stops walking. When you looked the other way, you realized you've arrived back at the hotel.

Oh... 

You pursed your lips on a thin line, not saying a thing. Ushijima Wakatoshi looks at you as you looked down. "I... don't want to go yet." You mumble, not daring to look at his face.

You didn't see the small smile on the athlete's lips. "Would you like to sit?" He points to a nearby bench and you only nod, refusing to look at him with how hot your cheeks suddenly feel.

"Is this where you're currently staying in?" He asks as he glances at the 5 star hotel. You nod, "Hmm. It's also where the shoot was supposed to be held earlier." You said absentmindedly. "I ran the moment I got off the elevator."

"You ran?" He asks and you hum as a reply. "In traditional slippers?" he looks at your feet but you dismissed his worry. "I can run track using heels, excuse you." You boasted. He wasn't doubting that. Not at all. But he still needed to check.

"It doesn't hurt?" He asks and you nod. "Yes, Goliath. It doesn't hurt."

"You... could've ask someone to bring you there?" He suggests and you immediately frown at the memory. "I ran away remember? Plus I was really curious and Norrie says she wasn't going there!"