8. Bad dream

After talking to Andy I looked around the room, it was an average size room almost equal to my whole house. It has a huge bed in the middle with grey comforter and bedsheets over it. The walls of the room were grey and white. They like grey too much! I thought. There were two more doors in the room, one was huge walk in closet. I have barely enough clothes to fill one rack. I went to the other door it was a bathroom very cozy and modern with a jacuzzi at one corner and a shower area at other. There was a sink with the large mirror and cupboard in front when you open the door.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth with a new tooth brush in the rack. Then I went to bed and laid down. It would be difficult to sleep in a different bed even though it's too soft and comforting I couldn't sleep. I closed my eyes in an attempt to sleep.

"Mom, I am back. Where are you?" I called as I went inside through the door. She always wait for me when I come back from school buy today I couldn't find her anywhere.

I ran upstairs and heard her cries, I stopped in my tracks thinking the worse things possible. I went inside and saw her lying on the floor crying she had bruises on her arms and face. She was badly beaten by none other than my step father. I teared up seeing her like that and ran towards her, I helped her in sitting up. When she saw me she tried to hide her bruises but I have already seen everything.

"Mom!" I said.

"Let's run away please, I can't see you like this" I said and her eyes widen in panic and she shakes her head.

"No we can't, he won't let us" she told me.

"But .." I started then I heard the main door open and the closed. Anger ran down my body at that vicious man.

"You stay here" I said and stood up. I ribbed my tears away from my cheeks. I was a 12 year old girl always protected by my mother, I have always seen her been beaten by this man but my mother has never let him hurt me.

"No no you won't go" she stopped me by holding my hand.

"Mom he can't do this with you, not anymore" I said and then I heard his footsteps outside the room. He opened the door with a loud thud and we both looked up. He was so scary, I was always so scared of him. I have never talked to him just spoke to him when he ask me about something. He was not my father and he never try to be. I remember when I was little he was good to me and my mother but then with time he start hitting my mother. He was always drunk and frustrated as he lost most of his money in gambling. He always my mother for his bad luck.

"Why did you hit my mother?" I asked him and he raise his eyebrow as if making sure that I spoke to him.

"Kid go to your room and behave yourself. It's not your business" he gritted and I glared at him.

"It is my business, she is my mother. If you ever touch her again I will call the police" I said and the next moment I was on the ground with the impact of his slap. I felt like I can't move my face for a second.

Then my mother stepped infront of me and hide me from him.

"Please don't touch her, please I beg you. You promised me that you won't hurt her"  she begged him and I was still in shock and pain.

"Teach her some manners or let me teach but she won't be able to bear my way of teaching" he said with a nasty smirk which made me shudder in fear and disgust.

"I am not scared of you" I don't what happened to me but the next moment I pushed him away from us as he stumbled and fell down.  He looked at me in astonishment and the next moment he was fuming with anger. My mom pushed me back and looked at me with fear.