Mission Critical

We had managed to get Mae to sit against a rock but she was still asleep. We sat around her quietly and watched her as she slept with a pained expression.

"She's asleep. The bandages we put over her wounds stopped the bleeding, but I don't know how long that's gonna last. We gotta do something." Sammy said quietly.

"Ben says Kash has a phone. Let's get it, call for help, and get out of here." Yaz whispered.

"But what about the dinosaurs?" Darius asked. "Now that Mae's injured, if we all leave, who's gonna protect them?"

"Darius, look at her. She needs help." Yaz said as she motioned to the whimpering Mae. "Our only choice is that phone."

"We're running out of time. Let's split up and try to find Kash." Ben said.

"Huh, small problem. We don't know where he went." Kenji pointed out before a green light shine through the jungle.

"Shh." Sammy shushed us. We managed to drag Mae behind a rock and hid just as the BRADs came through the trees and scanned the place. Brooklyn, Kenji, and Yaz hid behind a rock while Sammy, Ben, and a still passed out Mae hid behind another. Me and Darius were

"New orders received." A BRAD said before the two BRADs split up and ran in different directions. One to the left and the other to the right.

"One of them could be headed to Kash." Yaz whispered.

"You guys go. I think there was a first aid kit in the snow gliders. I'll get Mae patched up." Ben informed.

"I'll stay to help you with Mae. You'll need someone with first aid training and to help move Mae if you have to." I said.

"No. You'll go with Brooklyn and Yaz after the BRAD that went left while Darius, Kenji, and Sammy go after the BRAD that went right. I can take care of Mae by myself. I have some first aid training, we'll be fine. We have to find Kash and get his phone." Ben said. We glared at each other, waiting for the other to drop out. "Trust me." Ben pleaded. I sighed and dropped my head.

"Alright. But you better be careful. I'm not losing my brother." I glared.

"I promise." Ben nodded and smiled at me. I crawled over and grabbed my backpack before handing it to Ben.

"Use my backpack. Whatever supplies you find you can put in my backpack. It'll be easier to carry and you can put more things in it then you can carry. It'll only get in the way if we find Kash." I explained. Ben nodded and took it.

"Let's go." Brooklyn whispered. I nodded and gave Ben a hug before following after Brooklyn and Yaz as we followed the BRAD. We ran after it and hid behind trees as the BRAD stopped and scanned the area. "Hey, Yaz. Are you okay? I mean, you know, with the nightmares-"

"I'm fine." Yaz cut Brooklyn off. "We've got bigger things to worry about than a few bad dreams."

"You know it's more than that." Brooklyn scoffed.

"Shh. It's getting too far ahead." Yaz said before we ran after the BRAD. We hid behind a tree and peeked around it to see the BRAD walking towards this building. We sneaked towards the BRAD and entered the building quietly after the BRAD opened the doors. The doors closed, making Brooklyn bump into Yaz which made her fall before me and Brooklyn hid behind some crates. Yaz had scooted backwards from some offline BRADs and me and Brooklyn dragged her behind the crates we were hiding behind.

"They're inactive." Brooklyn whispered. We peeked over the top of the crates to see an army of inactive BRADs.

"Finally. Took you long enough." We heard a man's voice say.