The Art of Chill

We were all sitting around a tree that Darius was in. He was using binoculars to look around the place to see where we could stay until rescue arrived. Kenji was throwing rocks at the tree Yaz was sitting against but she got annoyed by it and turned to catch the next rock he threw. Kenji was gonna throw another rock but dropped it at Yaz's glare. Darius then climbed down and sighed.

"Good news?" Sammy asked as we all walked over to Darius.

"The pteranodons are nesting on the eastern mountains, so that's out." Darius informed.

"Ugh! Bad news." Sammy groaned while pulling out a map of the island.

"So, we can't stay on Main Street because dinosaurs. The mountains, grasslands, and jungle are out because of dinosaurs." Brooklyn explained.

"And Kenji's penthouse is out because he's bad at math." Yaz added.

"I didn't think my dad was serious about changing the locks if I failed algebra. That is not my fault." Kenji defended.

"That's actually completely your fault." Yaz said.

"Okay, well, whatever. The whole island is full of dinosaurs. We're cooked." Kenji complained.

"We can't give up yet. We set off the emergency beacon. We just need to find somewhere safe to hole up until rescue arrives." Sammy explained.

"Where? It's been days. We're out of options." Yaz said.

"Actually, there's one place we haven't tried, but I'm not sure you're gonna like it." Darius said. We all decided to follow Darius to the place he was talking about. It happened to be our trashed camp.

"Are you serious? Didn't we specifically run away from here?" Kenji asked.

"Just here me out. There's a stream for fresh water. We've got trees and mountains to protect us from weather and dinosaur attacks." Darius explained. Brooklyn cleared her throat and Darius corrected himself. "Okay, not all dinosaur attacks. But if you were coming to rescue a bunch of campers, wouldn't camp be the first place you looked? And we've even got supplies to build a shelter right here. They're, uh, broken supplies, but we could do it! Right, Brooklyn, Evelyn?" Darius explained.

"What?" We asked.

"I mean, you must've made one video about building a shelter, right? And Evelyn, your dad must have taught you something about surviving in the wild." Darius asked.

"Right. All you do is videos." Kenji said to Brooklyn.

"Excuse me, I do lots of things other than videos. I have a whole life of other things! But, yes, okay, I did help raise that barn for 'Unboxing Amish Country.' Just saying." Brooklyn explained.

"Knew it." Yaz grinned.

"Oh, I love that one!" Sammy said.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked.

"Let's clear that stuff!" Yaz said before she started limping towards the trashed camp.

"Hey, Yaz, maybe it's best if you sat this one out?" Darius asked nervously.

"What? No, I'm totally—Whoa!" Yaz yelled before she slipped and fell on her back while panting in pain. "It's nothing. I'm fine. I wanted to be on the ground now."

"This isn't nothing! Your ankle is still hurt. All that running over the past few days didn't help any." Sammy said.

"Based on this symbol, there might be some clinic nearby. We'll see if we can find anything for your ankle. Just rest here." Darius said.

"No way! I'm not sitting around while you go back out there. I can pull my own wait." Yaz argued.

"As someone with medical training, I'm ordering you to stay put and rest. If you keep walking on you ankle you could make it worse." I ordered.