S2 A Beacon of Hope

"Run, run, run!" Darius yelled as we ran through the jungle.

"Is the Parasaurolophus still there?" Brooklyn asked as she and Sammy had Yaz's arms around their shoulders to help her keep up. I looked back and seen the Parasaur still chasing us until Rexy came out of nowhere and chased the Parasaur.

"Aah! Not anymore!" Kenji yelled.

"Over there! Cover!" Darius said and we hid under a fallen tree. We hid behind the tree and everyone but me flinched when the crushing of bones was heard and Rexy eating. I peaked over the edge with Darius to see Rexy drag the dead Parasaur off, mostly likely back to her nest. "They're gone." Darius informed. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief as we fell back.

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around?" Kenji complained.

"It's either your boyish charm or all the fences on the island are down." Brooklyn said.

"No offense, but it's definitely option two." Sammy said.

"I don't even care. Right now, I just want a sandwich. We haven't eaten since we had those awful Caron bars that Ben....." Yaz trailed off as we stared sadly at one another. I unclipped my backpack before fishing out the last granola bars I had and tossed them to everyone with a water bottle, too.

"That's the last granola bars I have and we can just refill the water bottles when we find a stream." I explained.

"Thanks." Everyone chorused while we took a minute to eat and drink. After we were done I put the empty water bottles back in my backpack so we'd have them when we found a stream. We heard a distant roar and we all groaned.

"We just need to eat more and rest. I can't keep running like this." Sammy complained.

"We don't have to." Darius suddenly said. We all walked up beside him to see him staring at the pyramid type thing in Main Street. "There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and food and everything else. Come on!" We all took off running towards the park. We walk into Main Street to see the place wrecked. Some buildings smashed, trash everywhere, and several windows smashed.

"What happened here?" Kenji asked.

"Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs." Yaz said.

"It's more than that." Darius said.

"Some kind of fight took place." I said as I gazed around. "From the height, it looks like maybe Rexy and.....something bigger?"

"The Indominus Rex." Brooklyn said as she gazed into the Lagoon where a piece of the wall was broken. Me and Darius to see what she was looking down at and gasped. "I don't think we have to worry about it anymore, or what's left of it."

"Ugh! Or the Mosasaurus being hungry for a while." Darius added.

"Thank goodness for that." I sighed.

"Guys! You have to see this!" Sammy suddenly said from beside us, making us three jump. We all followed Sammy to what she was talking about and it turned out to be a cardboard cut out of Brooklyn. We all started laughing while staring at it.

"Wow, I totally forgot I agreed to that." Brooklyn laughed.

"Do you only own one outfit?" Darius asked.

"What? It's my signature look!" Brooklyn defended.

"Please, autograph my phone charger, O Queen of the Brooklanders!" Kenji laughed as he kneeled and offered a phone charger box to Brooklyn.

"Well, I think it's cool. When we get rescued, I'm taking it with us." Sammy said.

"TBH, this does kind of remind me of home. I haven't posted in days. I bet my followers are worried sick about me." Brooklyn said.