Chapter 5: Broken

Six months later, which is also two years after their mother died. Oscar is seven, and Morris was eight. It was like any normal day for the Dalanceys but worse. This is the day that both the brothers break and try to commit suicide. The normal stuff at school happened but it wasn't like rumors the day before and then beatings the next like it usually was. No, this time it was all of it on the same day. Oscar and Morris woke up at sunrise and left quickly. When they got to school they immediately got knocked to the ground, stepped on, jumped on, spit on, and beat. In class, they could hear the other kids gossiping about them as usual.

"Even Morris is getting so weak that he can't stand up for himself or his brother."

Oh, that's it! Morris would show them that he could stand up to anyone! Morris got out of his seat that moment and punched the kid in his face, causing a nose bleed.

"MORRIS!"

"Sir?"

"Come up here."

The teacher started whipping him.

"Thirty," His teacher said,

By the time he was done, Morris was a weak, bloody mess, half unconscious.

"Oscar you will be answering all the questions today, for every question you get wrong that's ten beatings, Morris double.

"Yes, sir."

The teacher ended up asking Oscar fifty questions total and got all of them wrong. He got whipped ten times per each question meaning five hundred whippings total in a day, plus what his father gave him. Morris ended up getting one thousand whippings that day just from school, plus what his father did to him. He barely survived that day physically, not to mention mentally. On the walk from school to home, Morris just wanted to give into the unconsciousness and make Oscar carry him, but he knew the scar wasn't that strong, so he settled for slinging his arm over Oscar's shoulder and Oscar's over his. Their father was waiting for them as usual when they arrived.

"Well hello, bratty children. I see that you've returned. You two should have never been born! You're a regret! I hate you! Your mother would be very disappointed! Why don't you just try to commit suicide already?"  His words stung. Their father had his whip in his hand for their punishment for returning. For the first six months they were hoping he was going to get better, the second, the brothers just had nowhere else to go. Their father immediately got to work beating Oscar, doubling Morris'. That day Oscar got one thousand beatings total, Morris two thousand beatings total. Neither knew how they were still alive. Once their father was done and left them alone they went to their room to take a nap because they couldn't stay conscious any longer. A few hours later when they woke up, it was already dark outside, meaning that it was around probably eight o clock.

"Morris?"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe the father is right."

"About what part?"

"The suicide and if it doesn't work we could just run away."

"You're right!"

They went to the kitchen, and each grabbed a very sharp knife that their father and themselves sometimes cut them with. Their father out of abuse and themselves out of self-harm. They started with their already bloodied and bruised arms. The veins weren't that far away. Just a few cuts and they'd start to bleed out then they could run away and pass out under a tree awaiting for all the blood to be gone from their bodies.

"Let's run away!"

"We don't have anywhere else to go."

"Just get as far away from here as possible."

"Ok let's go."

They didn't have any belongings they needed except for Morris' special blanket and Oscar's special teddy bear that their mother had gotten for them when they were babies. They started the journey stealthily so they wouldn't get caught. Then once they got about a mile away from the house, they started a slow jog and sped up the further along they got, until they started sprinting and ended up passed out under a giant oak tree with plenty of shade and shelter. They were around five miles away from their home.

Hello, fansies! Do I have you crying yet? Even I was crying during this chapter, especially during the cutting and suicide. I gave myself PTSD here. This chapter is around 700 words. I hope you enjoyed it. Tomorrow I finally get to start releasing this story, one chapter at a time! In a few weeks, I might miss updates cause School starts back Wed and I have an audition next Fri. I can promise you at least five weeks of updates since this is chapter 5 and I release a chapter a week, every Saturday. On top of school, I also have cross-country and our teachers love to load us down with homework, especially our English teacher. Hopefully, I will be able to continue writing this though! Writing is an escape from school and just life in general! See you tomorrow on chapter 1! This is probably weird for you guys because, by the time you're readings this, a month will probably have passed by for me. And it's also weird because I'm talking about releasing chapter 1 tomorrow when you guys are on chapter 5 lol! Sorry, abt this is super confusing and lol! This was finished 8\5\2022. Comment the date you're reading this on! I hope you enjoy this story!

- Marla out!