6.3 part 4

Kit's POV

I'm looking at her for an answer and I just don't know what she is going to say. It looks like her mind is racing with thoughts, I thought this was an easy answer for her, I thought she liked me, I thought she has fun today, what's there to think about.

After an unbearable amount of uncomfortable silence I hear her mumble something but don't quite hear it so turn my head to the side waiting for her to repeat it

"yes" but she doesn't quite sound sure "yes" she repeats almost like she's trying to convince herself. "are you sure? you don't sound sure?" I ask her. "yes i'm sure it was just a lot to think about." I know I shouldn't be because she said yes but I'm slightly pissed by her last comment. What was there to think about? I try not to read into it and not to push it.

I get up and lend out my hand to help her get up and she smiles gratefully at me. Something in the air feels off. We have had a great day but ever since I popped the question something feels unsettling in the air, like words left unsaid.

We get back to my place and throughout the car journey we sat in silence.

Libby's POV

I should be happy. I'm dating Kit Connor. But all the thoughts are running through my mind. I feel so bad he planned the perfect day with a perfect ending and im really blowing the mood. We sat the whole car journey back to his place in silence I just couldn't think of what to say. When we get in I go straight to the bathroom and just lock the door. I hear him walk over and he knocks on the door

"hey libs are you okay?" he asks me. God he's just so sweet and caring. "yeah im sorry" I say as I open the door. He pulls me into an embrace and strokes the back of my hair "Libby what's wrong, something has been off with you ever since I asked you, did you even want to say yes or did you just feel pressured into it because you felt like you couldn't say no?"

I'm suddenly feeling so guilty of acting like this because it's made him feel miserably and like he made a mistake.

"Of course I wanted to say yes, Kit this day has been so perfect, you have been so perfect and i've just ruined the end I'm so sorry." I tell him

"Libby you didn't ruin anything I was just worried that I made a mistake." he says. " you didn't make a mistake I promise you, I just had a lot on my mind when you asked me but i'm happy you asked me and I wanted to say yes." he smiles at me was these words leave my mouth. He kisses me and says " i'm happy I asked you as well." and kisses me again.

Kit's POV

I'm feeling so much better now, we talked things out and with my lips on hers nothing else matters, all worries go out the window. It's just me and her. I'm still playing with the thoughts on my mind, what is she thinking about? Was it that phone call she still hasn't said anything about. But I try and try to push this away and i'm holding her in my arms and our lips touching. "shall we put on a movie in bed?" I ask her and after this day I could really use a wind down. "yes as long as it's not marvel."

"what do you have against marvel movies?" I ask her acting offended with my hand on my heart. "EVERYTHING." she jokes but I know she's not joking. We both settle in bed and choose to put on the new Netflix movie 'Purple Hearts' and start watching that. She snuggled up to me with her head on my chest and she's listening to my heartbeat. Her breathing slows down and I know she's fallen asleep. Typical she always does. I chuckle and turn off the movie and snuggle down with her, with my head resting on hers and I focus on her breathing and it's not long after that I fall asleep.

Libby's POV

I don't remember falling asleep last night, but I get woken up to a ping. I reach over to the bedside table and grab a phone to check the time. It was kit's phone and I notice the ping was a message. Who was messaging him at 3:45am?