Momentarily, Duan Chongxuan felt a bit ashamed, because he realized the speed at which he threw the talismans was slower than Luo Mingchuan forming hand seals.

However, it only hindered the vine for a breath. The scorched surface was quickly replaced by the vitality of emerald-green. It unexpectedly broke through the fiery wall and attacked onward without a change of momentum!

This time the people below the stage finally saw the motions of Luo Mingchuan forming hand seals clearly. Before they could even cry out in surprise, the wall of flame transformed into an ocean of fire.

In the morning wind, the fire became more and more intense. It engulfed the entire martial arena, as if swallowing the sky and devouring the earth. The disciples who were somewhat close could even feel the rolling heat waves that was hurling toward them.

Luo Mingchuan's figure in the flames couldn't be seen clearly.

Chu Huan, whose body was protected by his core energy, still felt the sharp pain caused by the raging inferno roasting his skin. His purple garment exhibited specks of greenness, spreading out at rapid speed. Though thin and feeble, the vines covering his body were like an indestructible armor.

The vine in his hands swept past the fiery ocean. It swirled like stormy gales and raging waves beating against the shore, heading straight for Luo Mingchuan.

The combat tempo for a spiritual cultivator tended to be on the slow side. Yet, these two were playing their cards too unconventionally, unexpectedly looking like one could immediately differentiate victory and defeat.

Even Duan Chongxuan couldn't understand, "The amount of core energy that Luo shixiong is outputting..."

The martial arena was more than thirty meters2 long from north to south. How much core energy was instantly outputted in order to create this massive, powerful fire?

Yin Biyue understood his meaning, but he was unsure about his own speculation. He said in a low voice, "I once saw a cultivation method at the academy. It was similar to 'Moon Haze Over the Port'; half of the fire on the stage is probably an illusion."

Duan Chongxuan suddenly understood.

It wasn't only Yin Biyue; there were others who also thought the same. However, what they didn't expect was that not only half, but at least eighty percent was an illusion. Yet it had the might from the fake mixing with the genuine.

Smoke began to rise in the midst of the flaming light. It was born from the plants that were constantly burning up.

Some people witnessed Chu Huan withdrawing his vines, guessing in succession if he was going to admit defeat.

But Chu Huan walked to the center of the stage, in the middle of the fires burning on all sides, and began to perform hand seals. The seals were formed using both hands. The shapes were very strange. Nobody could recognize them.

The green vines around his body were unceasingly scorched black and withered, losing their nascent energy. The purple qipao was roasted after directly exposed to the flaming blaze.

Yet his movements were neither too fast nor too slow, his expression solemn.

Along with his hands moving faster, some people felt the earth underneath their feet swaying minutely. They said in shock, "The ground moved?"

"I also felt it. What's going on?"

The earth's movements were not strong, but with the five sharp senses of cultivators, they knew it wasn't a hallucination. They were momentarily bewildered as they concentrated their senses.