Completing the family

The group have been in Gotham for a while now and are currently investigating a case involving the mad hatter.

Batman: Ok everyone the Mad Hatter is a deranged genius who loves mind games so stick together and don't go on impulse.

Then the short gremlin known as the mad hatter appears.

Hatter: Ooo a bat in a wooden case and a new one to fill his place.

Batman: You need help hatter you need to go to asylum.

Hatter: I would much prefer to stay in wonderland with a new Alice.

Ground-zero: What the hell is this tiny freak talking about ?

Hatter: Alice is that you ?

Ground Zero: What the fuck ?

Hatter: That golden hair ,  Fiery eyes and temper you are truly alice.

Ground Zero: Shut the fuck up.

Katsumi tries to explode the dwarf who seems to escape the blast and turned into dust. The old clock in the room with them started spinning faster and contorting. The room started to shift around Katsumi and the she heard the voice of the little gremlin.

Hatter: Maybe a little to fiery no matter that can be fixed quickly.

Katsumi is then falling down a hole in pitch black before she wakes in the manner sweating she hears a creak and blows up the bed out of instinct.

Izuku: Good to see you awake kat.

Katsumi: Izuku damg how long have I been out for.

Izuku: A few hours. We caught him and put him in arkham so no need to worry.

Katsumi: I was out for that long. Crap that gremlin took me out I need to train.

Izuku: Kat thats not-

Before he could answer she was out the door.

Izuku: *sigh* Lets watch this play out.

Katsumi was training in the Batcave constantly day and night practising her explosions. They kept getting bigger and bigger she also stored a bunch of sweat for grenades.

Izuku came during of this blast offs and decided to end this madness.

Izuku: Katsumi what the hell is happening with you ?

Katsumi: Nothing.

Izuku: Stop lying.

Katsumi: I'm not lying

Izuku: I'm literally batman you can't lie to me.

Katsumi: Fuck fine that thing tricked me so easily. He toyed with me like I was weak, dumb

Izuku: Useless ?

Katsumi: YESS DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS TO FEEL LIKE THE WEAK LINK.

Izuku: Ya I think I have an Idea.

Then Katsumi realised she royally fucked up.

Katsumi: Izuku I'm sorry I got all worked up and-

Izuku: It's ok how about we spare a little let me see how far you have come.

Katsumi leapt the batman who easily dodged the explosion which only got larger and larger eventually though he had to use his cape  to conceal  himself. Izuk was starting to have fun so he started taunting.

Izuku: What's wrong kat those baby explosions all you can make ?

Katsumi kept throwing more and more powerful explosions until she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

Izuku: Katsumi ?

Katsumi was out like a light.

Izuku: Alfred we need help.

A few days later.

Katsumi wakes up and assess her situation. She felt a very sharp pain before blacking out so probably a heart attack from the excessive training, but that didn't make sense she has made explosion way bigger the that before. She looked around and saw there was IV connected to her but it had a second tube that seemed to be pulling out something. Blood but this blood had something in it.  Well fuck that explains a lot.

Izuku: Hey Katsumi your awake. Look I don't now how to tell you this but-

Katsumi: My quirk is killing me ? I'm guessing there's to much nitro glycerine sweat in my blood and I literally exploded from the inside out.

Izuku: How did you ?

Katsumi: Your not the only nerd here.

Izuku: Your smarter then I thought. We tried replacing your blood but we can't do that without killing you. We have another option but it's a more...permanent solution. We need to erase your quirk otherwise this is gonna keep happening and it's gonna get worse each time.

Katsumi: Do it. 

Izuku: You made the right choice. 

Izuku injects the serum into Katsumi permanently erasing the quirk gene inside her. she gets up and test her explosions nothing it worked.

Katsumi: This is gonna take some getting used to.

Izuku: Well here's our first patrol lets go.

No explosion no problem Katsumi was still very fit and was sure fighting crime would be no different until she realised she knows next to no hand to hand combat and barely survived due to the small amount of sweat grenade she ignited with a flare. Izuku later provided her with a grappling hook.

Katsumi was sulking in the Batcave she decided to take her mind of it by doing a puzzle. Not many people knew but Katsumi was really good at puzzles but always focused on fighting when she started training. She finished it in under 4 minutes and it was one of those 5000 piece puzzles.

???: Impressive.

Katsumi held out her palm on instinct but again no quirk. Luckily it was just Tim Drake.

Katsumi: What are you here to do ?

*Whack*

Tim: You don't talk to your teacher like that. Now get ready we start a dawn tomorrow.

Timeskip.  

2 weeks  of hell later and Katsumi  is now well versed in hand to hand combat.  She has decided the bow staff a handy weapon and put her own modifications such as a bullet proof shield.

Tim: Your ready. As the last of the of the original bat family I dub thee red robin. 

(And with that the family is complete )