- Amputee -

Pov. Kai

I stood while struggling to keep my balance. I was breathing heavily and trying to manage standing without my crutches as Jay laid on the ground, in front of me, unconscious. Me and Jay were only 20 meters away from Sol, a traitor! He turned out to be an oni and a backstabbing one, just like all of them. All of them are evil and cruel! Sol was in 'his' oni form; Tall, skinny and black with purple glowing eyes.

Right now Sol was just standing still, waiting for me to make a move, but it was rather hard. If I started to flee I would have to leave Jay and I could not even get far with the deep cut on my leg which would probably rip open again if I put too much weight or pressure on it. God damn it! What am I supposed to do?! All the thoughts were filling my head and left me no space to actually think clearly.

"Kai, Up!"

The voice was hard to hear at first, because it was swallowed by the sound of a running airlift motor...wait can it be?! I turned to look up and felt unimaginable relief as I saw the Bounty, the flying pirate ship and our ninja teams moving base of operation. It was piloted by Sensei Wu and I was able to see my parents on the side fence of the flying ship.

I turned to look back at the Oni, but instead of it standing still, it was running towards me. I felt a rush of adrenaline running through me as the doom bringer got closer to me. This moment brought me an idea! I could use airjitzu to reach the Bounty and get to safety...It was a long shot but better than nothing!

I grabbed Jay from the ground and I pushed us off the ground. I hurt like crazy, but it seemed to work! We flew up towards the bounty, out of reach of the oni.

I just barely got us high enough so my parents could drag us on the deck. I was once again breathing heavily, laying on the wooden flooring. Ray and Maya hovered over me and had huge worry in their eyes. I didn't want to worry them so I forced myself up, like nothing would have happened.

"Oh dear, you don't have to force yourself!" Mom stated and came up to me. She wrapped her hands around me and gave me a warm, comforting hug. I hugged her back before letting go as I felt all of my energy drain from my body. Everything went black.

Later...

Light came swarming. I forcefully opened my eyes and when my eyes got used to the light I got to a sitting position and looked around me. Without a second doubt, I was in the bounty, in my old bunk. This used to be my bed when we still used Bounty as our base.

Reality came back to me when I heard a talking sound from the hallway. I quickly got up, but also fell to the floor even quicker. The talking stopped and someone came through the door. It was Cole.

"Careful!" He said with a tint of worry. He helped me back to my bed and sat next to me.

"What happened and why can't I feel my left leg at all?"

The black ninja turned his brown gaze away from me. The atmosphere became tense and I started to feel like he didn't wanna tell me. A strike of fear hit me. I pulled the blanket away and saw that my left leg was missing from my knee and below it. My stomach dropped...

"We found a doctor willing to help you, but it was too late. You lost a lot of blood when the wound opened again. The muscles were damaged in the battle so he decided to do an amputee. it was necessary for your survival..."

He still didn't look at me. A coward!

"What if I don't want to live without my leg!?" I yelled. Fear, anger and sadness took over my thoughts and my body. I could not be a ninja anymore! My whole life's purpose came down crumbling. It was all over...

"I'm so-"

"Get out of my room!" I yelled over my friend. He stood up, looked at me and walked out. I heard a bit of talking from outside of my room. I couldn't tell what or who was/were talking about, but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore. I was going to be alone, cripled and useless for the rest of my life, if you can even call it that.

A loud cry was led out. I yelled my heart out until I was unable to make any noise. If I could, I would've burnt everything around me, but for the sake of my family, I didn't.

The door opened once again, but this time it was Ray, Maya and even Nya. I had been gone for a bit apparently, but right now it didn't matter. They came to me and sat right by my bed. We were in silence. We all were still in denial about the whole situation and none of us knew what to say.

I turned to look at Nya specifically. She looked back at me. There was a bond we shared and I knew how she was able to feel the endless sadness inside of me. I turned away, but felt her blue eyes, still on me. Nya refused to look away as she truly saw me and who I really was...Her brother, a hero and a guide. That would never change.

"Mom, Dad...I am tired of fighting and battling...Can I-...Can I rest now?..."