✾chapter twenty-eight - first date

Start from the beginning

You stopped walking for a second, bumping into him and almost making the drinks fall.

"I'm sorry" you said. Jean smiled, "It's ok. What happened? Did I say something wrong?".

"Probably mentioned Eren having a girlfriend, that's why she got sad" Annie joked. You rolled your eyes, "Sure, keep thinking that".

"Am I wrong, tho?" she asked. You smiled. Yup, you're totally wrong.

The group went upstairs and you opened the door to your apartment. Eren was sitting in the kitchen, drinking some coffee.

"Stop drinking that watery coffee, Jaeger" Jean said, "I have bought a better quality one just for you".

"This 'watery coffee' made its job of waking me up, Kirstein" the brunette answered, "I'm sure you poisoned the one you brought".

"I bought some food too!" Mikasa sat in front of Eren, "Cakes, bread, ice cream... Basically everything from that little shop next to my house".

Armin's face turned red, seeing that everyone had brought something to your house except for him and Annie, "Well, we brought our own company for you two enjoy...".

"And that's more than enough" his girlfriend continued, making everyone laugh.

The group begun to eat the breakfast and talking about what they did last night. You took a few glances at Eren, who was sitting next to you, trying to catch his attention.

However, when he looked at you and your eyes met, he looked away and his cheeks turned pink.

"How did you sleep?" you asked him, trying to start a conversation. Eren was moving the food around the plate, without actually eating anything.

"Good" he answered. He smirked then, "Your thighs were a good pillow".

You opened your mouth, completely shocked by that sudden change of mood. How could he just pass from being all shy to teasing you?

"... And what did you two do yesterday?" Mikasa asked you. You turned around, facing her after trying to talk with Eren for the third time in five minutes.

You felt yourself growing nervous, "Uh..."

"Not much" Eren said, "We just watched a movie and then went to sleep".

You looked at him sharply, frowning. Why did he just lie? Was that why he was so serious around you?

But then, why did he completely change his mood just before lying?

"Oh, cool! What movie did you watch?" Armin asked. You shrugged, "Pfft, I can't remember the name", you looked at Eren, challenging him with your gaze, "Do you?".

He smirked again, "Of course I do. We watched Twilight". Mikasa smiled, "I love that movie! Why didn't you invite me?".

"Because you were spending time with Jean" Eren answered, "That's why you left the café sooner. Not my fault you want to spend more time with your boyfriend than with me".

She rolled her eyes, "I'm sure that, if you had a girlfriend, you'd do the same".

"Jaeger having a girlfriend? It's more likely that I'll have a child before that happens" Jean joked.

"You sure about that?" Eren asked. At that moment, he caressed your leg with his fingers without the rest of your friends noticing it.

You reacted to his touch by extremely blushing but, after a few seconds, you pushed his hand away. You were still kind of mad and confused that he had lied before.