✿chapter sixteen - new priorities

"You will live in the apartment".

Those words were the lasts your mother told you before hang up the call. You stayed in the bathroom for about ten minutes, trying to decide what to do. Obviously, there was a problem. You could stay at your house without your parents noticing it, but they were going to sale it, so that wasn't an option.

Living with Eren didn't seem a bad idea for you but, even though he denied it, you still thought you were a charge for the boy. What can I do? I have less than a day to solve this...

You remembered that Eren was waiting for you outside, so you decided you will think about what to do later.

You came out of the bathroom, seeing that the brunette was still doing his homework. "What happened? You've been there for a long time talking to someone" he asked.

"Oh, it was my mother", you sat next to him, "she told me that she and my dad had a problem at work, so they won't come yet".

Eren looked at your eyes, trying to find any kind of sadness in them. "Are you ok? You seemed to be excited about it".

You took your pencil and started drawing again. "Yeah, I was. Don't worry, I'm used to this. I've been living like this for three years".

"I know, but don't you think that house is too big for you?" Eren questioned.

You stopped moving your pencil and looked at the paper, which only had lines that didn't make sense due to your nervousness. "Mmm, I guess it is".

The boy took one last suspicious look at you. You knew he wasn't convinced at all of your answers.

The next minutes were completely silence, until Eren couldn't stop himself from asking you again. "y/n, what's happening? You can't stop moving your fingers against the table" he pointed out. "Also, you've been drawing things that don't really make sense. Did your mother tell you something bad?"

Even though you told yourself that you were going to think about it later, the truth is that during all these minutes the only thing you were doing is trying to come up with a solution, without any success. I can't lie to him; this is the only option I have.

After all it is my apartment, right? If Eren doesn't want to live with me, he can go.

But... He doesn't have any other place to stay.

You looked at him, feeling that your face was losing all its color. "My mother told me that they're going to sale the house, so I can't live there anymore".

"She told me that I have to move here".

Eren didn't do anything at first, he was completely paralyzed. "Well," he said, "I guess that I'll have to move to another place then".

You sighed. I knew it. I knew that he wouldn't want to live with me. "Eren..." you massaged your temples with your hands. "You have nowhere to go. What are you going to do?"

The boy shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I could ask Armin to stay at his house until I find another place to live".

You bit your nails. "I don't want you to leave and start looking for another place again..."

"Wait" Eren stopped you. "Don't you want me to leave?"

You looked at him, frowning. "Why would I? I don't mind at all. Don't you want to leave?"

The boy widened his eyes. "Me? I've been leaving with Mikasa Ackerman for three years; I don't think living again with a girl will hurt me".

You laughed. "Hey, I would love to live with her!".