13. Frozen

Louis' POV

I came downstairs and was greeted by Cliff who ran towards me. I sat down on my knees as he licked my face. I giggled and took him towards where the lads were sitting. Liam and Niall had their heads rested down on the table. Harry was just looking down. Even my largest shirt was small for him. I could see the bottom of his spine as the shirt went up his arched back. Zayn was feeding Khai. He too didn't meet my eyes.

"Morning." Liam said as soon as he saw. I gave him a small smile. I went to kitchen to grab a cup of tea.

"Where's Daisy?" I asked.

"She didn't come back after that." Zayn whispered. I nodded and sipped my drink.

"My head is pounding." Niall complained.

"Who told you to drink like it's the end of your life? And where did you get all that from?" I asked, infuriated.

"He got it." Niall said pointing at Harry who was still looking down. I sighed.

"I think we should leave now." Zayn said breaking the long awkward silence. They all nodded. And soon I was left alone at the porch as Zayn and Niall and Liam and Harry went their ways.

~~~~

It had been a week since that morning and here we are now, in a familiar office waiting for a known devil to come in. There was pin drop silence in the room. On my right, Niall and Zayn were sitting engrossed in their phones and on my left were Liam and Harry, who were just sitting. In the last week, I did chat with Liam and Zayn the most, who asked me about my well-being. Niall insisted in another get together but none of us agreed. So, he was kind of annoyed at us. Harry and I didn't exchange a word or text and I was thankful for that. I was left alone in my house with Cliff as Daisy too left the same afternoon. She was angry with me would be an understatement.

"Gentlemen." I heard the devil speak as he entered the room with a huge grin on his face. Two men in suit followed him with a bunch of files.

"Simon." Liam said curtly while the rest of us just nodded.

"Well, good to see you as well, Tomlinson." He smirked at me as I rolled my eyes. Liam nudged my knee under the table giving me a reassuring nod. I took a deep breath as Simon continued. "I have given you enough time to think, so what's your decision?"

Before I could say anything, Harry cleared his throat and shifted in his chair.

"Simon, as you're aware, we've changed our management company... we would also like to change our label. We don't want to work with you anymore." He stated. I could hear confidence in his voice.

"It's not for you to decide, Styles. Didn't Tomlinson tell you about our conversation?"

"He did. And yes, we don't want to work with you." Zayn came forward. I could feel my tension fading away as I knew I'm not alone this time.

"However, we would like to buy the rights of our songs so we can sing it at our concerts. You'll get the money, and we'll get our, well, freedom. It's a win-win for both of us." Harry continued. Simon gave me a look after snickering.

"You're such a kid, Styles." I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me?" Harry was offended.

"You think I'm gonna play these small games with you? I'm part of the package. I'm freeing you from Modest but that's in return of me being part of the band. Now it's upto you, you want just me, or you want both me and Modest?" He asked with a slight smirk, knowing he was winning. The lads looked at me hoping I would say something, but I knew nothing is gonna change that devil's mind. I knew it from day 1 but who listens to me.