11. Feelings?

Hiyaa beautiful people! I hope you all are doing well :)

This chapter is dedicated to @Sirius_Directioner !!!! Thank you so much for your comments!!!!!!! I love them and I hope i'll get more of them in future........... You've inspired me to wirte more and not give up!!! Thanks a lot, love!!!!! <3 

~~~~~~~ 

Louis' POV

I walked out of the bathroom wiping my hands with a towel. I was about to throw the towel when I saw Zayn lying on my bed with Khai sleeping on his chest. I smiled at the image and placed the towel on the back of the chair. As no one was in the state to drive so I asked Zayn to stay over. And because there was no room left so he was here, in my room.

During our dinner, when the rest of the lads were passed out, Zayn confessed how the management had asked him to steer clear from all the boys and he was even prohibited to contact us. He had no choice but to abide by the contract he was forcefully made signed. He told me how he was really unhappy and felt caged in that latter years with the band. He was tired and wanted some time off. He didn't thought about the fact that his decision will lead to so many unpleasant feelings amongst the lads. He said he was really sorry for my loss and that he really wanted to be there for me.

It was not surprising to me that Simon and Modest would have done something like that. I mean, who more than me can understand the vicious trap and games of contract that these people set for us. I don't know whether I have forgiven Zayn or not, but I know that I'm not as mad at him as I was before.

I lied down at the corner of the bed. I'm not used to someone sleeping on my bed let alone my ex best friend and a child. Zayn had told me that after she was asleep, he would put her in the middle of us, so she doesn't fall. And I was just afraid that I might hit her or just roll over her.

"Thank you, Louis."

I looked at him.

"Why are you awake?"

"Louis." He sighed and placed sleeping baby Khai in our middle. And turned to his side that now he was facing me. His one hand on Khai's stomach. I made sure there was enough space between me and her.

"Thank you for hearing me out." He said as I stayed silent. "And also, thank you for letting me stay."

I hummed. I heard him sighing.

"Look, I know you're not to be blamed for anything, but you just can't expect me to go back to normal." I let out a deep breath after speaking, after a few minutes of silence.

"I understand." He said in a broken voice.

I don't know but I felt so bad hearing his cracking voice. He was in a situation right now, where he could use a best friend and I was being anything but a friend. I didn't want him to feel the same emptiness which I felt. So, I did what a friend does. I took my shaking hand and placed it above his hand on Khai's stomach. His hand trembled under my touch.

"But if you want to talk about anything just know I'm here. I'll be there for you, Zen." I said slowly but with conviction.

"Thank you, Lou."

I could hear him smile. I too smiled but I'm sure he couldn't see that because it was dark.

"Why is the window broken?" he asked after a while.