𝟎:𝟑𝟑

♛

"Wait, I'm not ready

"Wait, I'm not ready." Sevyn shook her head and tried to get up from the vanity mirror only for Solicity to forcefully sit her back down. "Stay still."

It was September 14th. The day Sevyn and Rico had promised to spend the rest of their lives together. Of course they weren't going by their own guidelines since they were currently separated.

"What if he isn't there?" After all the pain she had been through with her husband she started showing gratitude towards being able to repair their relationship. But she wasn't about to be the only one making an effort either.

"Girl...shut up." Solicity had enough of her overthinking for the last hour. "He'll be there. Trust. As much as y'all don't wanna talk right now yall not finna be hating each other on your anniversary. You gone be there and he will too."

Sevyn lightly slouched in her seat. She was supposed to be at the restaurant by 8:15 for the reservation and it was 7:30. She had her dress and jewelry on and the only thing that needed touchups were her hair and makeup.

"Soft curls or super curly?" Solicity asked waiting for the curler to heat up. "Soft curls." Sevyn replied, staring at her reflection through the vanity mirror as her sister went to work.

"I know you still love him, Sev." Solicity spoke up, tightening a chunk of hair around the curler. Sevyn scoffs. "Of course I do. That's why I'm going." Even after all the words she had exchanged to Rico she somehow still found herself lovesick over him deep down. "But love doesn't equal relationship...even I wanna make this work."

"Do you?" She begins to question. Sevyn scrunches her face up and looks at Solicity through her mirror. "Girl what?"

"Are you only tryna make it work cause it's your anniversary? Would you be going out with him still if it was just like any other day?" Sevyn's face goes soft and she pauses. At that moment and time she had mixed feelings about Rico. She couldn't tell whether it was love making her try, or her being forced by her other relatives to make it work since they were high school sweethearts. "And don't lie either."