𝟎:𝟐𝟏

♛

"Did they get suspended to?" Titan hears his mother say as he walked through the front door

"Did they get suspended to?" Titan hears his mother say as he walked through the front door. He closes it and walks in the kitchen to see his youngest sister sitting in the cream upholstered dining chair, holding an ice pack to her eye. Her white chrome hearts shirt was torn and grimy revealing all the bruises that were scattered on her upper body. Her arms had scratch marks, her lip was busted, and her braided hair was tangled in a messy bun with some of the brown beads missing. "What the fuck happened?"

Stephanie yanked the ice pack out her Mona's hold to show him the black swollen eye. When Mona slowly tried to open it he got a glimpse of her red sclera before she closed it back. "She got into a fight at school."

"With who?!" Titan knitted his eyebrows at his baby sister, who sat there frowned up with her lip poked out. "With some girls." Stephanie started. She eyed Mona allowing her to continue. "They jumped me." She croaked.

"Who, jumped you Monae, who the fuck is they?!" He tightened his fists beginning to grow angry at the thought of girls jumping his sister. The both of them were jumping around the bush instead of being straight up and it was pissing him off. Mona noticed how angry he was becoming and began to cue the water works. "Nia and her friends."

Titan sighed shaking his head. He had started to think she was finally taking pride in her daily mishaps and the miseducation of her adolescent behavior. "How did it even get to that point? She just walked up to you with her friends and jumped you?"

"Did you atleast beat one of they asses?" He questions again after she didn't answer his first one. Stephanie glared him for asking an inconsiderate question regarding the safety of her daughter at school.

"I was sitting outside the cafeteria during my lunch period because Nia had asked me if I wanted to hang out with her and her friends. I agreed because we were friends right? I had thought nothing of it." The progress Mona had made with her sensitive vulnerability had washed down the drain. "When I met up with them, Nia told me we was gone hang out at the park by our school...I should've of thought of it then because don't nobody hang around that park, we not allowed too."