𝟎:𝟏𝟗

♛

Sevyn spent the next two weeks running around the entire city of Houston planning for her baby shower

Sevyn spent the next two weeks running around the entire city of Houston planning for her baby shower. She had eventually told everyone she was pregnant by continuing to send out invitations by mail, which the event was supposed to be set for May 28th. She felt like she was just a foot away from being done with the whole process. She had got the theme and decorations together, dress code, registry, scheduled ultrasound, written guest list, and a hired chef. But, she was missing the biggest part of the event. The venue.

She had came across a total of 6 venues she had loved and thought would fit perfectly with her dream baby shower. But, unfortunately every single one of the venue's owners she talked to, she either too late and somebody had already claimed the venue, or she would have second thoughts about it after seeing it in person.

She had another week to fully get her head straight until her set date for her baby shower. The only real problem was the venues, and the one venue she thought she'd finally get to rent, it came with a stubborn owner.

"I'm not understanding why I can't rent it this month? You just said you had a few spaces left!" Sevyn's partially good day had just became stressful.

"You said for the 28th right..?" The venue owner asks making Sevyn nod. "Someone had already asked for the 28th just before you came. Now I only have spaces for the 16th which is tomorrow, the 25th, and the 30th."

"But I called you yesterday and I asked for the 28th and you said you marked me on your calendar...how did somebody officially claim the date after I already did?" Sevyn could clearly see though the scam he was trying to play.

The venue owner sighed. "Ma'am, she had actually called me before you about my venue. When she came here personally she told me she had forgot to mark the date to rent it over the phone. I had told her that you actually rented it first but she said her event was more important. It was a funeral repast and she needed to rent it on the same day as the funeral, which was the 28th. I simply replaced you with her because she did indeed call first."