25

𝑴𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

The pure water rinses throughout my hair, microscopic drips hitting my face. I feel the conditioner rinse out of my hair, and I finally feel completely clean, after spending about fifteen minutes scrubbing.

I turn the handle of the shower, causing the water to stop shooting out of the shower head. I blindly reach for a towel hanging on the rack, and grasp it whenever I feel the fabric on my fingertips.

I wrap the towel around myself, stepping out of the shower and noticing the foggy mirror in front of me.

I wrap an extra towel around my head, squeezing it tight enough for the water in my hair to release.

By the time I'm dressed in pajama pants and a tank top, the condensation on the mirror has been dripping onto the bathroom counter, allowing me to see myself in the mirror.

I pick up my toothbrush, apply toothpaste onto it, and begin brushing my teeth while inspecting myself in the mirror.

I eventually spit out my toothpaste, washing it down the sink while rinsing my mouth. Next, I unravel the towel from my hair, and brush my hair until it's untangled. I then apply chapstick, followed by deodorant, now completely ready for bed.

I begin to set out an unused toothbrush and dry towels for Eddie. I suspect that he'll use Mikes products in the shower, unless he wants to smell like coconuts.

I unlock the bathroom door, to find Eddie laying on my bed, reading one of my books. My eyes go wide whenever I see the cover of the book and read the title, realizing which book it is.

He notices my reaction, and smirks, knowing exactly why I'm starting to become embarrassed.

"Isabelle Wheeler!" he drags out the syllables of my name, "You read smut?"

I immediately storm over, and reach for the book, but of course, Eddie pulls it away, causing me to reach even farther.

I'm crawling on top of him as I continue to attempt to grasp the novel as he laughs, and I end up straddling him.

I place my hand on his chest as I reach the farthest that I can, finally grabbing the book and pulling it out of his hands.

I lean back, holding the book in my hand as I'm grinning at myself for completing my goal, to get the book.

Eddie returns the grin, except he's grinning for a different reason. He looks down at my position on top of his lap, at me straddling him, and that's when I realize.

"Gross, Munson!" I yell at him while sliding off of him and onto my bed, slightly embarrassed.

"You said it, not me." he defends himself, putting his hands up.

I slightly scoff before telling him that I laid out supplies for him to use. He quickly gets up, and walks over towards the bathroom.

He turns around, mouth agape, about to ask something but I already know what he's going to ask, so I tell him, "I'll get you some extra clothes."

He nods at me and shuts the door, and I soon hear the shower begin to run.

I walk out of my room and rummage through my siblings closets, finding things I never wanted to see and other things I never imagined they owned.

I finally find some black and white plaid pajama pants for Eddie to wear and a baggy t-shirt that has a random band labeled onto it.

I walk back inside my room and knock my knuckles against the bathroom door.