04

𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

Music rings throughout my head and the scent of alcohol fills my mouth. People surround me, some strangers, others friends.

I've been playing beer pong with the jocks all night, and I eventually come to the unwanted realization that I need a break.

I turn my head in every direction, trying to find my best friend. I recognize Chrissy with our other friends across the room, and I make my way over to her.

"Hey girl!" she greets me, "You having fun?" her breath also reeks of alcohol.

"Yeah!" I shout just so I can be heard over the noise of the chaos.

I quickly join in my friends conversation, agreeing on how we're all glad it's our last year of high school.

Jason joins our group, putting his arm around Chrissy. He whispers something in her ear that makes her giggle. They slowly walk off together to do god knows what.

I continue sipping out of my red plastic cup that's filled with whatever was being served at the kitchen island.

My body suddenly feels cold and I can't seem to concentrate. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up and my vision shakes. The music starts to become distant and my head feels like it's going to explode any minute.

Maybe I drank too much?

No, there's no way, I only had like 3 or 4 shots. Enough to be drunk, but definitely not enough to black out.

Chrissy isn't around anymore, so I don't know who to talk to. I need to tell someone that I'm going home, that is if I even find a ride home.

I spin around, my eyes scanning the room, looking for any familiar face to talk to. I need to alert somebody that I am not ok.

As I spin, I quickly discover my other friends have disappeared from the corner that they were once grouped in only minutes ago.

Shit.

I decide I need some air.

˚ · • . ° .

The crisp air washes over me as soon as I step outside. A couple of people are out on the front porch, so I go around and near the side of the house, where I won't be seen.

I carefully slide down the wall, listening to my dress scratch against the choppy brick. I can't seem to concentrate on one object, due to the shake in my vision.

I pull my knees up to my chest, and place my head in my hands. I try and take in deep breaths.

No matter how hard I try, I still cannot seem to focus.

All of the sudden, a gust of wind passes over me. Everything feels different, like a sudden change was made.

I gingerly lift my head out of my hands and look around.

Where am I?

The sky is red, there are vines growing everywhere, and I can't even begin to describe how cold it is.

I hear thunder to the right of me, and when I look at it, it's red. Red thunder. The place stinks, like I'm even scared to breathe in this oxygen. Tiny particles float around my head, surrounding me.

It's like another one of those nightmares I've been having, except this one is more real. Like I'm lucid dreaming, not just having a nightmare.

I stand up and run inside the house. Everything suddenly changes, like the whole setting of the dream changes.

I'm now in third person, watching a clone of myself. I see myself staring at something while sitting at my vanity. I almost look zoned out. My hands are slightly trembling and I can hear my own heartbeat. I'm nervous about something.

I try to reach out to myself sitting in front of me, but my hand just passes through her head, like I'm transparent.

Like I'm a ghost.

As I step closer, I make out what looks to be something sharp, sitting right in front of me on the vanity. My face looks like I'm debating on doing something.

Something suddenly clicks in my head, and I now understand what's going on.

I shake my head. This cannot be happening.

I hate this. I want out.

"Let me out of here!" I scream, "Help!" I beg.

I spin around, trying to spot an escape.

"This isn't real!" I shout, covering my hands around my head.

I rub the tears off of my eyes, and suddenly everything is back to normal.

I am at the party, near the side of the house, standing in the middle of the neighbors fence and the brick wall. Everything is how it was.

I walk backwards, eventually hitting the same brick wall, and slowly sliding down it, sobbing into my fingers.

I am once again in a position I am way too used to. I'm curled up with my knees against my chest, and my head ducked in my knees.

I'm so confused, lost, and beyond scared.
I thought this party would be an escape, but it turned out to make things even worse.

I hear footsteps on the gravel to the left of me. They sound like they're leaving the party, but they pause in their tracks, leaving silence to roam in the air.

"Wheeler? Is that you?" the most annoying voice I know asks.

⋆·˚ ༘ *