3.16

"Where are you going?" Connie wrote down on a notepad.

My dad showed her Henry's note as an answer.

Connie then scribbled down, "I'm going with you."

"No." My dad replied, trying to move past but Connie would let him and dad asked, "Why?"

"I can't live with it either", she wrote down.

My dad looked her up and down before sighing, walking off to the gates with dog. Connie looked at me.

"That means yes." I shrugged, she smiled and got her stuff together, we walked outside the gates together.

Whilst walking out into the night, Connie started to teach me some basics of sign language. She started with telling me how to say my name, the alphabet and how to greet. It was fun learning it, even though I may have messed up it was still good.

"My name is Lilia", Connie signed for me to copy her. I did so and she smiled.

"And my name is Connie" , she did back and I smiled with a chuckle.

Later on, when it started to get brighter, we ended up finding a series of footprints. Connie wrote down on her paper, "He caught up w/ them."

"Yeah." My dad nodded and turned away. "There was a struggle."

Connie tapped him to make him look, gesturing to her eyes and then my dad's, getting him to speak again so she can lipread, but slower so she can understand.

"They caught up to him." Dad said before Dog barked at something.

I looked down and noticed that he was sniffing a familiar wooden staff. "That's Henry's."

"Good boy." Daryl told Dog and lifted the staff up. "Yeah, they went that way." He pointed with the staff, before being interrupted by the growls of walkers.

Dad shot one with his crossbow while Connor used her slingshot. He whistled to dog, who came back with his arrow. But as he tried to take it, Dog moved and snapped it in two.

I shared a grin with Connie before looking back at my dad who sighed, "Bad dog."

"Good dog." I whispered and petted him before he went in front.

Connie came up with the idea to disguise as the Whisperers to go and get Henry back, stealing the masks of of some wearers we found along the way. When we had taken their masks and covered out faces, we followed the rest of the walker into the camp.

In the middle of all the chaos that ended up happening, I saw Henry standing with Lydia. I immediately ran over to them with dad and he caught Henry's arm.

"Lilia? Daryl?" Henry asked.

"Keep your head down," He said. "We're leaving."

"Not without Lydia." Henry replied.

"The girl stays." Dad stated.