Unexpected Arrival

Start from the beginning

Psylocke conjured a large blade of psychic energy while Emma shifted into her diamond form.

"Emma, Rogue and I will sneak into the castle and get into position. Once we're inside, I'll send a telepathic message to the rest of you," Xavier explained.

"Then we'll make as much noise as possible to distract everyone," Jean added.

With this agreed upon, Xavier, Emma and Rogue departed, leaving the rest on the edge of the city.

"Even if this whole situation sucks, it feels good to be with you again," Jean whispered as she reached over and held Kyle's hand.

Kyle could feel emotion choking his throat and found he was unable to form any words. He stared at Jean as tears filled his eyes. Finally, he managed to say "I'm sorry."

"Oh, Kyle," Jean sighed as she pulled him into a hug. "Please don't be sorry. You were grieving and angry. And you had a right to feel the way you did. Just...don't go away again, okay?"

Kyle matched his friend's smile and nodded. "Deal."

"When all this is over, you and Captain America are going to have to join Scott and me on a double date."

"We'll have to make that a triple date with Dean and Thor," Kyle chuckled.

"What are they like? The Avengers?" Jean asked.

Kyle smiled fondly. "Amazing. I can't wait for you to meet them. You, Dean and I are going to be so much trouble together. I don't think Scott, Steve and Thor are ready for us."

Jean grinned. "Something to look forward to."

X-Men, Xavier's voice echoed in all of their heads. We've made it to the inner sanctum. We recovered Lorna and Hank and have sent them your way.

That's good, Jean responded. We can use them. Especially Lorna.

Kyle reflected on his friend. Lorna was young and quite timid, with powerful magnetic abilities beneath the meek surface. Though not on par with Magneto, Kyle knew she had every chance of becoming just as powerful.

X-Men...move in!

Without hesitation, Colossus started to run full-speed into town, his powerful body cracking the pavement underfoot and shaking the ground. Psylocke began her own stylish and agile dash for the city while Jean and Kyle flew through the air, their telekinetic auras lighting up the sky around them.

Kyle landed in the middle of the city square as everyone awakened and Magneto's forces assembled.

"I thought we locked him up!" Toad shouted before leaping through the air and firing a blast of slime from his mouth.

Kyle raised a hand and the projectile was obliterated with a burst of telekinesis. Before Toad could land near him, Psylocke had launched herself through the air and dragged her psychic blade across his torso.

"Nice one," Kyle called out as a pillar of flames shot up from nearby. He spun around and raised his hands, displacing the incoming flames as Pyro began to walk toward him.

"We finally have our way and you want to try and mess it all up!" The fiery mutant accused.

Kyle didn't respond, instead focusing his power. He could feel sweat breaking out on his forehead as a result of the stifling heat. Pushing back against what was quickly turning into a wall of flames, his telekinesis formed a veritable tidal wave as it exploded in front of him. The flames were immediately sniffed out as Kyle covered Pyro in a barrier of telekinesis. The mutant fell to his knees, weak and powerless from a lack of oxygen. At the last possible second, he threw a fist and a huge explosion of power smacked into Pyro's stomach, drilling into him and throwing his weakened body across the square and through a nearby store window.