* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

As Nova was entering the school, she noticed the all too familiar werewolf walking her way. As they met one another she looked at him with confusion, "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came to talk with the teacher from the other night." He told her before clarifying a bit, "Don't want her saying anything or doing anything irrational."

"That's good. I do feel bad that she had to witness that." Nova frowned, "My mom gave her the day off yesterday so today I have to face her and I'm afraid of it being awkwards or that she thinks something weird about me."

"I think you're safe from any awkward interactions." Derek chuckled,  "And there is nothing weird about you, you're perfect." He cupped her cheeks before pulling her in for a kiss only to be interrupted by a bell.

She sighed pulling away, "I have to get going, Harris doesn't like us being late." She leaned up to peck his lips softly, "I love you."

"Love you more." He said as she pulled away.

She gave him one last smile before walking away in the direction of the school while he made his way out of the school. And as they made their own ways none knew of what was in store for both of them and what it would lead to.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

Nova had been having a rather normal school day for attending Beacon Hills Highschool where things always seemed to go wrong. But that was always cut short.

"Nova!" She turned around and watched as Stiles caught up with her. "Are you busy?"

She shrugged as she entered the library, "I guess not." Stiles trailed behind her, "What's going on?"

"Well since Scotts dealing with the alphas I thought you can help me with something else." She looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Have you ever heard of the threefold death?"

She thought for a moment before speaking, "I know it is attributed to ancient rituals. Why?"

"You know about all the murders that've happened?" He asked the girl, "I think they're sacrifices."

Her eyebrows shot up in confusion, "Sacrifices?"

"First three victims– all virgins, all killed the same way." He told her.

"All of them?" She questioned unsurely, "What about Kyle?" The boy seemed hesitant and just looked lost.

"I don't know yet..." He sighed defeated, "Look I know how it sounds–"

"It sounds like a pattern." She cut him off, "Kyle's part of it...just need to piece him into the puzzle."

Stiles looked at the girl with a hint of a smile, "You believe me?" Up until now everyone seemed to dismiss his thoughts or at least didn't really put too much thought into them.

"I'm a witch." She joked crying to him to chuckle, "I know a thing or two about rituals."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

While all the investigating was going on and the twins continued to cause problems at school, the rest of the alpha pack were off causing just as much trouble. Derek's loft had been broken into and both him and Cora were left to fight them off but of course they were overpowered.  Cora was released but wasn't able to do anything but watch as her brother was tortured by a long pole plunged through his stomach.

"See, the reason I'm always invested in new talent is simple. We all know a pack is strongest due to its individual parts– the stronger the individual parts, the stronger the whole." Deucalian spoke as he stood, "When I lost my sight, one of my Betas assumed I wasn't fit for my role anymore. He tried to take it from me. Killing him taught me something about Alphas I didn't know they could do. His power was added to mine. I became stronger, faster, more powerful than I'd ever been. I tested this new ability to subsume the power of your own by killing another one..."