𝐋𝐈𝐕

[ 4

[ 4.9 ] Perishable

Nova was tired.

Since the night she'd spent at Derek's loft, she had grown more fearful of even shutting her eyes for a second. Nightmares had been one thing but a mental and emotional drain, but since the night it had become a more physical and violent game.

It worried Derek, because though he promised the girl that he would be there for her and help her, he found himself lost. He was now becoming a powerless werewolf, and there was no way of competing with witches of the magnitude Nova described. Their time had been split amongst a lot of things, and it became harder for the couple to find any ounce of hope at the end of it.

The only good thing to come out of the last few days, was the fact that there was more progress that went into figuring out about the deadpool, and most notably– who is the benefactor.

Though the shocking revelation never ended when the two got a call from Scott about a certain deputy that was set on fire.

Nova stood next to Derek as he looked over the deputies hands, "He covered you in gasoline?" He raised his eyebrows towards the brunette.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia observed.

"Well, they should be gone."

The deputy furrowed his eyebrows, "I was set on fire! All of me should be gone." He waved his hands in front of his whole body.

"Not if you're like us..." Scott shook his head.

His eyebrows raised, "Like you?"

"I don't think he's like us..." Derek shook his head.

"Then what is he?" Lydia further asked.

They all looked back towards him, "Sorry, but I have no idea." He shrugged.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira..."

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary– did you try Argent?" He questioned.

Scott shrugged, "I don't know where he is..."

Lydia then turned to Nova, "You think you can figure out what he is?"

"Why would I know?" She shrugged.

Scott cut in, "Your grandma had books about werewolves, maybe something could lead to any answers."

"I can have a look." She told them, "Don't know how much help it'll be. Trust me, I've been reading lots of books lately, I think I'd remember reading about a fire-man."

Parrish had a bewildered look, "Okay, hold on– what's a bestiary?" Then stopped himself, "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia?" They looked at him with skepticism. "Are you all psychic?" Nova had to suppress her giggle at his question.