8. Make Him Bleed

En başından başla

He waited a few beats giving her time to compile her thoughts before he continued. "You have to be a lesbian because that can be the only reason you don't seem to fear my devilish charms." The witch looked back, her eyes were widened in disbelief making Vladimir think that maybe she didn't expect him to find her secret.

The Vampire King grinned, seeming a little too proud of his logic as the witch turned around and faced him fully.

He licked his fangs in anticipation and giddy. Surprisingly, her being a lesbian didn't bother him and it wasn't going to stop him from having a taste of her. He might not be conservative or judgemental but he was indeed a shameless bastard.

Esmeray breathed through her nose, trying to calm herself. The nerve of this bastard! She reminded herself that kicking the Vampire's balls will be an immature move and wasn't going to be beneficial for her in any way besides the momentary satisfaction. But Dear God! She was too tempted.

What type of narcissist bastard he was?

Esmeray wasn't going to lie she was attracted to him maybe a little but his narcissistic attitude was a complete turn-off for her. Esmeray didn't like smug and narcissistic men and Vladimir seemed to be their commander.

The witch was standing there staring at Vladimir, making him feel as if he was an insect under her microscope. She still hadn't given him any response which made him frown. It was the first time someone was ignoring him and her judging stare had kind of started to bother him at this point.

Usually, it was Vladimir who ignored others not the other way around. This was the first time he was getting a cold shoulder from someone and he wasn't ashamed to admit that it was bruising his ego.

The witch was no longer dressed in that forbidden red dress she had worn at the Ball. Her short hair was tied in a high ponytail. She was wearing a loose neon-colored fine linen shirt that shined a little bit under the moonlight and over it, she was wearing a black tiny corset around her narrow waist paired with blue denim jeans shorts. Her pale long legs were bare.

She completely looked like a different person from the elegant female Vladimir had danced with at the Ballroom.

Vladimir's gaze flickered to her ankle boots. The woman indeed had an aura of a badass wicked female that could even spark flames in his cold heart.

Vladimir was a predator who worshiped strength.

The witch was a worthy opponent and the fact thrilled Vladimir. It had been such a long time since the last time he found pleasure in something.

Her face was still covered with a veil made of gold chains. This time Vladimir made a mental note to remove that little mask at the first chance he got.

His consciousness was dying to know the woman behind the mask.

'Maybe he should uncover her face before embedding his fangs in her neck.' Vladimir stiffened a groan at his thought.

Something inside Vladimir stirred. He wanted to know what was concealed behind those gold chains.

When the witch turned and started walking towards the south again dismissing him completely Vladimir's fists clenched. Even his patience had a limit and the witch was close to making him snap.

Instead of following her, Vladimir leaned against a tree. He wasn't her slave if she wanted him to follow her then she better start giving him the respect he deserved. He was a King, not any random guy.

"You must be feeling really smug after being the first person in over a millennium who landed a successful blow on me. You must--" Vladimir didn't get to complete his sentence, his breath hitched in his throat when the witch turned around and threw a dagger at him at a lightning speed, catching him completely off guard. The dagger nicked his ear as it got embedded in the bark of the tree he was leaning against.