6. Forbidden Adventures

The Vampire Castle and the Ballroom had waited for eons for a pure and worthy heart to beat a new rhythm between its walls, the walls that had been mourning for decades.

The ballroom had been cold until Esmeray had stepped into it dressed like a hell flame.

The magnificent ballroom had felt lacking until a true royalty Esmeray had arrived even if all the people around her including Esmeray herself was unaware of her 'Royal Bloodline'. But the obliviousness of her roots did nothing to stop Esmeray from outshining every person present in the ballroom without an effort.

"Maybe you should have worn something else if you had wanted to blend in the crowd." A deep voice whispered near her ear, the hair on the back of her neck raised in alarm. Turning around her gaze collided with lively green eyes and the word left her lips on their own accord that seemed to leave an echo in the silent ballroom.

"Fuck. . ."

Vladimir frowned down at the tiny female who barely reached his chin. The female who had dared to curse in the King's presence. An action that should have landed her in serious trouble yet it only spiked Vladimir's curiosity.

"Who are you? And why are they all staring?" The woman asked in a soft whisper as her eyes nervously darted to the crowd gathered around them.

Vladimir's lips twitched at her question. He should be the one to ask her about her identity, not the other way around. But the way she had whispered to him, he couldn't find it himself to interrogate her.

He had always found it stupid to whisper something in a silent room full of supernatural beings. Because despite how low the whisper might be everyone would hear it, thanks to their supernatural hearing. And currently, the orchestra had stopped playing so everyone could even hear them breathe. But the way this female had whispered, Vladimir found it oddly cute.

Leaning down he mimicked her and whispered. "It seems like you have gotten yourself a dance partner, my lady."

Every person present in the Ballroom tried their best to suppress their surprised gasps at the King's show of emotions that wasn't anger or annoyance.

Vladimir's playfulness spooked the crowd. But Vladimir couldn't help himself. He had been bored out of his mind until this tiny female had stepped into the room, breathing excitement in his cold heart.

Eyeing his offered hand the woman grumbled. "Why do I have to dance with you?" Vladimir dropped his hand at his side.

A flicker of amusement twinkled in Vladimir's green eyes at the female's genuine annoyance as if Vladimir was a random guy at a human bar trying to flirt with her, not a King everyone present in the Ballroom had every reason to fear.

Vladimir was having a hard time trying to put her in a box. There was something unusual about her that he couldn't pin.

The woman's eyes scanned the room until they stopped on the empty throne. Looking back at him the woman whispered again. "The King didn't come to his own ball? "

At her question throwing his head back, Vladimir laughed, leaving their spectators in shock.

This time their spectators were not as successful in restraining their surprised gasps. . .

The Vampire King never laughed except the polite smiles and occasional smirks he gave to his enemies before he slaughtered them.

"Why are you laughing?” The woman narrowed eyes her hazel eyes at him. For some bizarre reason, Vladimir felt as if hazel wasn't a color that was meant for those striking eyes.

"Are you positive you are at the right place, my lady?” Controlling his laugh, Vladimir asked in an amused tone. First, she didn't want to dance with him, and now, she didn't even recognize him.