5. Silk Gown

Esmeray scanned her surroundings in fascination as she followed the servant who was going to help her in fixing her dress problem.

The castle seemed to be built by someone who loved perfection, elegance and authenticity.

The one who had designed it must be proud of what he had created. The walls were strong as was the structure. It could give shelter to the ones residing in it for millennia to the come.

The walls of the corridor seemed even yet when Esmeray looked keenly she noticed stones, stones of various sizes and shapes, each one unique in its own way.

The proud stones represented themselves as the protector of the ancient immortals residing between its walls.

The floor was carpeted, it was hard to hear any footsteps because of the maroon padded carpet.

Countless tiny glass chandlers were hanging from the ceiling of the corridors that were emitting dim light.

The dimly lit corridors gave a little creepy feel but guess it was the Vampire Castle so dark and creepy was something that went with it.

The Vampires were known for their love of darkness and shadows. It was completely normal for them to have the castle dimly lit. Esmeray was bought out of her thoughts of fondness of the castle as she saw the servant entering a chamber.

Without a second thought, she followed the servant yet her feet froze as a woman's shrill screaming voice came from the other side of the door. "Where have you been?! Why did it take this long to bring simple flowers from the garden? Don't tell me you were lagging again. Wait till my father hears about this!"

At this point, Esmeray barely resisted the urge to chuckle. The woman was poorly threatening the servant although the servant had deserved any punishment that came her way because of the gossiping session she has been involved in during her working hours. But still, that was no way you talk to a person.

Esmeray can bet on her nonexistent balls that the spoiled woman had never had to work for a single day in her life. Her father, the leader of the Vampire Council would have taken care of her every need.

The woman had no idea how fortunate she was. . .

And the ungrateful brat had the audacity to scream at the people who were working for a living.

Esmeray shrugged, maybe she deserved her dress to be stolen.

"Lady Olivia please calm..." The servant started but was cut mid-sentence by Esmeray.

"While you complain about the servant to your father don't forget to complain about me too, Lady Olivia." In a cheerful voice, Esmeray entered the room, making her presence known.

When her eyes fell on Lady Olivia she did not doubt that Olivia was a beautiful woman just like a porcelain doll.

Beautiful from the outside yet nasty from the inside.

She had pale skin and blonde hair. Her ocean-blue eyes were currently throwing daggers at Esmeray.

But the killer look she was giving Esmeray didn't do the right job because the woman was dressed in a fluffy bathroom and looked as harmful as a fluffy white bunny.

Lady Olivia was cute.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" Lady Olivia demanded as she took a step back and used the servant as a protective shield.

'The spoilt brat was cute and a coward too.' Esmeray thought in distaste.

A clueless King and coward Queen. It was a match made in heaven. The Vampire Kingdom was bound to doom under such supervision.