1. Marked By Her

'The King Of Darkness Or A King Hiding In The Dark.'

Vladimir was the most cunning, vicious, and oldest Vampire to ever roam the earth.

The lethal killing machine~ That's what they called him. But Vladimir was just a coward who had been running from those he had betrayed for his Bride.

His conscience constantly told him that he needed to look, search for the hidden and unspoken. That was what his bride was.

Hidden and Unspoken. . .

Hell! Even her parents were not aware of her existence and Vladimir was the only one to be blamed for that. . .

The King of Vampires stared at the burning timber in the fireplace as a gust of breath left his lips.

There was a time when his soul had burnt like the woods. A time when he had searched the deadly wastelands, a place that can even kill an immortal like him but he hadn’t cared. Like a man possessed he had roamed those land to search for a girl who was his destiny.

Like a madman possessed by darkness, he had fought with tooth and claws with the creatures residing in the wastelands just to get to her.

She had been there... Vladimir had felt her presence in his bones. She had been there.

So close yet so far. . .

Why does it seem like with each passing second he was losing her? When he didn't even found her? Sometimes Vladimir could feel as if the girl was in front of him. The girl had itched herself in his soul in a way that Vladimir can never save himself from her clutches.

Vladimir knew that she was gone and he could do nothing about it but his conscience won't believe it. A part of him was sure that someday he was going to find her. One day she will be in his arms and he will hold on to her tightly, he won't let go. Because losing her once was enough for this lifetime.

Vladimir won't lose her again. . .

Standing up from his chair Vladimir walked towards the wall-length mirror. Standing in front of the mirror he let the black red silk robe covering his body drop at his feet. Leaving him standing there exposed.

The Vampire King was completely smitten over a female he had never met. A female that hadn't even said a single word to him to make him hope or wait but here he was. Time had stopped for him. Everyone around him was unaware that his heart had been waiting for his bride. He wanted to get over her, he wanted to make this pain stop but he didn't know how to. . .

Vladimir stood there bare as he stared at the mark on his torso.

Her mark~

A burning butterfly~

Fierce yet soft at the same time.

A perfect blend of violet and jet-black color engulfed by angry flames. The mark was uncanny, one could even think that it was a real butterfly sitting on his torso.

The mark was the only thing he had left of his bride. She had marked him as hers but he hadn’t been able to protect her. He wasn't worthy of her mark.

Vladimir gazed at the darkness outside from the open windows while caressing the butterfly.

It was not just her mark, it was the reason Vladimir was still alive. It was a mark of hope that she was out there. There was still a chance Vladimir will have her under his protection. The mark was the only hope that was keeping him from falling into the darkness completely.

Vladimir was only a shell of the person he used to be. His heart was filled with suffering, heartache, and loss.

The King of Vampires loved his bride as certain dark things were to be loved, in secret while hiding in the shadows of his chamber, behind the closed doors.