8. Make Him Bleed

Vladimir didn't know why he was following the witch like a slave.

After their verbal encounter a few moments ago the witch had started acting as if he wasn't even there which had started to bother Vladimir more than it should.

"You are one strange woman." Vladimir remarked loudly but still got no response from her. He felt like a noisy child who was trying hard to get noticed in a gathering full of adults.

What an utter disgrace! How far had the Vampire King fallen?

Vladimir was a man of a few words and he preferred people who kept their mouth shut around him yet as Vladimir walked behind the witch he realized that he liked her sassy attitude more than her being silent as a monk.

Her silence bothered him. . .

'Get up and follow me. We are already running low on time.' Was the last command the witch had uttered before she had started walking towards the south.

Vladimir was very much aware that if the witch continued to brush him off like this then there was no chance in hell that he could drink her dry without her using her magic on him and probably knocking him out again or worse.

The witch's death equaled his freedom. And freedom came with patience. He had to tolerate this little creature that barely reached his chin until he got the right moment to deliver his blow.

Patience was the key to Freedom.

Vladimir had a charismatic persona. His preys were attracted to him like moths were attracted to a flame. Even if ignoring the fools around him was what Vladimir did most of the time that fact didn't stop the fools to flock around him to kiss his arse.

The Vampire King was a loner. He had always felt irritated by anyone's company yet right here he was trying to catch the attention of this witch who was acting as if he was a noisy bastard bothering her not the King she had abducted without his consent. The last time he checked men's consent mattered as much as women's consent. 'This ancient witch might need to upgrade her moral values.' He thought with a snort.

Vladimir hated the way the witch made him feel inferior to her.

There had to be a reason behind this witch ignoring his charms. The last time he checked his grin was enough for ladies to throw their panties at him. Maybe there was something on his teeth. Vladimir rubbed his tongue at his front teeth only to realize that he hadn't got any blood on his teeth that this witch might find repulsive.

He was starting to feel restless.

Why didn't this female give in to his charms?

Was he losing his charisma too along with his fearsome reputation that had taken him so much bloodshed and slaughtering his enemies in his signature style to accomplish?

A sudden random thought occurred to him. . .

That was it! That had to be the only reason why the witch had been so cold to him.

Why hadn't he thought about this before. .?

'Vladimir you are an irresistible genius.' He praised himself in his mind.

After keeping the thought in for almost three awfully long minutes Vladimir couldn't hold it in anymore. "Are you into women?" He blurted and watched as the witch's shoulders stiffened and her steps slowed at his statement.

Maybe she wasn't comfortable with her sexuality so he tried to assure her a little. "You don't have to be shy to admit it. I may be old but I'm not one of the conservative or judgemental types. There are many fractions in the supernatural world where a relationship between the same gender is frowned upon but not under my rule. So don't be wary to admit it." At this point, she had stopped walking.