7. A Beautiful Predator

Start from the beginning

This trick was a mind game Vladimir played with his prey. You can call it breaking your opponent's spirit before breaking their bones.

Vladimir was a player and one thing about him that you should know was that he didn't like to be played.

"You aren't the first witch who had dared to kidnapped me. So let's make it easy for both of us. Tell me what you want and let's get done with this petty little game of yours." Vladimir let out in a bored tone as taking his eyes off the witch he assessed his surroundings, trying to find a way out of there.

He was in a forest and for some reason, the place felt familiar as if he had been here before. Something shinning in the bushes caught his eyes.

A couple of dimly shining portals~

Hidden ones. . .

Portals were gateways to foreign places and dimensions that witches used for transportation and a portal usually closed or evaporated when no longer needed. There was only one forest that was a home of hidden portals.

The Forest of Wonders~

It was believed that only legends could navigate their way through these woods or a person the Forest of Wonders found worthy enough to be in it.

'Why would this witch bring him here?' Vladimir thought. This wasn't the way to Queen Amber's Queendom. Maybe this witch wasn't sent by Queen Amber. . . In an instance, a sense of relief washed over Vladimir. One less thing for him to worry about.

The only thing Vladimir feared was the wrath of the friends he had betrayed...

Betrayed for his bride. . .

"You seem to be very popular among witches." The witch remarked dryly pulling Vladimir out of his thoughts.

"What can I say? I'm irresistible. The last witch who abducted me claimed that I was her soulmate. She was so smitten by his godly charms that she begged me to have sex with her. She even offered me the position of the King of her Queendom." Vladimir gloated as he stared at his bound hands with a frown, realizing that this was the first time someone had put him in bounds and he vowed to himself that it was going to be the last time.

Just one little mistake. . . That was all Vladimir wanted from the witch. One mistake and she will know that why little girls like her were supposed to stay away from monsters like him. His lips curved in a twisted grin. He might never raise a hand on a woman but that doesn't mean he can't put his fangs on them.

His fangs ached at the thought of tasting this witch's sweet blood.

"I'm the least interested person who wants to hear how you fucked her so shut up."

"I turned her down. I didn't have sex with her but later I did offer her to be my Queen." Vladimir didn't know why he shared that piece of information with her. Deep down it just felt wrong to share his sexual conquests with this witch. There was something about this female that was off. Something he wasn't able to put his finger on. Something that was unsettling him.

His conscious could sense it but his instinct couldn't recognize it. . .

"You must be mad to offer a witch who abducted you the position of your Queen." Esmeray remarked silently.

The sudden ache in his chest took him by surprise. With a grim smile, he rubbed his hand over his heart to get rid of the pain. The pain that had become a constant in his life. . .

"She was more than just a witch. She was special. She was a woman who wasn't afraid of me. She was my only friend." There was longing and yearning in his tone. For some odd reason, Esmeray could feel that the King was just as lonely as she was.