8: Lunatics

We've been here for a few days now and everyone here seems alright. We're still doing school. Carol teaches Sophia, Brooklyn and Chase and Lori teaches me, Hunter and Carl. Me and Carl have become a lot closer than expected. We spend nearly everyday with each other and dad still teases me about Hunter. Crap he's coming this way.

"Clary, your dads calling you," Hunter came and told me. I'm in the same clothes as the other day, a white tank top with a pair of black jeans, my hoodie tied around me as usual. Why is this so awkward? I can feel a smirk plaster on my face as I got up. I'm reading a book, the little princess. Carol lent it to me, said Sophia didn't want to read it. One thing I have realised is that Carol doesn't really like leaving her daughters alone with Ed and if she ever does Chasin is always there with them. Oh yeah, Ed is Carol's husband.

"Yeah I'm coming wait," I told Hunter as I got up.

" Chase you coming?" I call out across the room, to the boy throwing a baseball again the wall.

"Nah you guys go I'll come find youse two later," he shouts out to us, the repeated bangs of the ball echoes throughout the room as he spoke.

"Anyways, let's go, wassup?" I start to walk towards  the door, Hunter meeting me at my side.

"They're calling us up by the front, dunno what it's about. What were you doing and don't say you were reading," Hunter quizzed me.

"What do you mean?" I laughed, " I was reading what else would I do?"

"I mean who the hell reads?" Hunter laughed as well.

"Oh okay then, I guess if Hunter doesn't do it then nobody nobody else does," I said sarcastically. The both of us just walked into the main room when everyone fell silent.

"What happened?" I asked knowing something has happened- something bad.

***

"What exactly do you mean by we're leaving?" I asked Shane.

"We all came to an agreement, these doors aren't going to hold forever, and some of us will stay here," Shane explained.

"Wait wait so your suggesting we leave the one place that's safe? And in doing so some of us are staying here?" This has to be the dumbest idea they've ever had.

"Clary it's the only way all of us are going to survive," Jim, another member of the group told me.

"By splitting up?" I honestly can't believe this.

"We all voted on it," Shane tried to tell me.

"Dad? Did you vote? Uncle Merle?" These people are so stupid.

"Everyone voted, Clarissa. Go pack your stuff up," Uncle Merle told me.

"And then you people wonder why nobody ever survives," I told them all on my way out.

"Clary wait," I can hear Brooklyn calling me as I walk away but honestly I could care less.

"Clary," Dad came up to me, " It's good to leave 'ere, the walkers could come in at any time, it ain't safe."

"Oh yeah and going outside is?"

***

The groans of the walkers roaming the abandoned streets of Atlanta polluted the silent air. All we can hear is that. It's like a replacement for the so called birds people hear.

I've packed all our stuff up and now I'm just on the roof with Carl- I wonder how many of them just wanted to get out of the city after the bombing started. There's a tank, a military one, parked right in the middle of the street.

"We're moving aren't we?" Carl asked as he stepped away from the edge.

"Yeah, Shane told me," I figured I may aswell tell him before someone else lies to him.

"My mom wouldn't move us out if it wasn't safe," Carl reminded me.

"True, but it's safer than out there," I looked over the wall on the roof viewing all the walkers roaming the streets of Atlanta all in the same direction.

"CARL, CLARY COME DOWN WE HAVE A MEETING!" Amy shouted up the stairs.

"Come on then Grimes," I led Carl towards the stairs.

"We decided that some of the group stay back, in case anyone else come to Atlanta," Jim told me and Carl.

"Let me guess, it was a vote?" I mocked them.

"Clary just listen," Uncle Merle told me seriously. Alright what the hell is going on now?

"We decided that whoever doesn't have kids stay back," Glenn told us all. I scanned the room, that means Glenn, Jacqui, T-dog, Andrea, Dale and Jim all stay back.

"Who's staying back then?" I asked. I saw hands raise up.
No way.
No freaking way.
T-dog, Glenn, Jacqui, Andrea and Uncle Merle.

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID WHOEVER DOESN'T HAVE KIDS ARE STAYING BACK!" I shouted at them all.

"Clary it's fine," Merle told me. These people are lunatics, they actually are.

"Load up the cars," Shane told Ed and Jim.

"This is crazy! Andrea has Amy, Uncle Merle has me and dad!" I screamed at Shane.

"CLARISSA RAE DIXON!" Uncle Merle shouted at me.

"And your okay with this?" I turned around and asked my uncle.

"Of course not but it's better than splitting you and Daryl up isn't it?" He has a point, but still he does have kids what if Khai and Blake turns up?

———
Sorry for the really late update, I was just writing and adding to it but maybe you guys will get 2 chapters this week just to make up for it.

Also how are you guys feeling on Clary and Shane's complicated dynamic and Clary's relationships with the other oc's and characters???

Don't forget to comment and vote xx