○ 45 ○

The elevator dinged lightly, signalling Changbin arrived to the desired floor.

Which means, yes.

He figured out to operate the bougie as fuck elevator at Hyunjin's workspace. He figured out where to use the keycard the front desk gave him. He figured out you had to tap it against the sensor beneath the fancy little floor buttons. He figured it out all by himself, totally not because Hyunjin demonstrated the technology about a week prior when he visited to drop off lunch. He also figured out not to mind the strange stares he got from the other workers traveling up and down the countless floors, they all stared at him weird, and he didn't particularly care about it anymore because he was there for one person and one person only. And for the coffee in the break room. And for the fancy elevator.

And to deliver the lunch he gripped tightly in his hand, sure. But the elevator!

He navigated through the polished hallways, weaving his way through the desks until he saw the entrance of the usual place he visited. With a small smile already slipping onto his face, Changbin stepped into the office.

"You would not believe the bullshit! That—"

The loud voice cut itself off. The two pairs of eyes turning to the new intrusion.

One set, obviously, being Hyunjin. Stupid little puppy eyes that lit up even when he tried to contain his excitement. Stupid little puppy eyes that made him weak to the knees as soon as they landed on him, beautiful little glimmers that made him cave and crumble like a poorly baked cookie with the simplest glance tossed in his direction. Stupid little puppy eyes that had that narrowed focus he undertook when his work was beginning to overload his mind, how they pinned down whoever they landed on, including  Changbin and his stupid little heart. Was it normal to be so down bad for someone? Was this what it's supposed to be like? Like he'd pass out at any moment whenever the younger was around?

And the other sitting perched, legs folded happily atop Hyunjin's desk?

A face Changbin instantly recognized as soon as he caught sight of the serious expression and puffed out kitten cheeks snacking heavily on what looked to be a cherry red macaron. The marks on his skin, both the alarming amount of ink punched into his skin by choice and the involuntary spread of paint staining his features. Plus the ring splitting down the center of his bottom lip. He had become familiar with those freckles and aloof gaze in the countless hours spent on the uncomfortable padded tattoo stools, either face down, face up, on his side, firmly asleep, or explaining his unfortunate life drama to the eager ears while needles pricked designs into his skin.

Changbin gasped low in his throat, "Felix?"

"Hey, Changbin!" The man on the desk, the man laden with tattoos and piercings, Felix, purred as his expression lit up. He shoved the rest of the macaron into his mouth, legs unfurling from their pretzeled position in a hectic manner, pressing down in a messy flurry that forced Hyunjin to slam his hands down on the stack of papers to keep them and the wide open laptop bouncing miserably at the sudden rush in their organized fashion. With a baffled laughter filling the space of the office, Felix slipped off the desk and hurried toward Changbin, "What are you doing here?!"

"What are you doing here?" Changbin choked out, eyes wide as he barely had enough time to set down Hyunjin's lunch on the leather couch before being consumed by a set of arms engulfing him in a messy excuse of a hug. Some halfway vault between an embrace and a tackle worthy of WWE if not for the wobbling stance he took to not tumble over at the last second. A hand came to his hair, ruffling it into an unkempt mess as Felix laughed casually instead of giving any hint of a real answer to his question.