○ 17 ○

"Jeongin look at this."

"What is it?"

Changbin shoved his phone into the younger's face, swooping around his leaned form on the counter from behind. He quickly swiped up, then swiped back down, resetting the video on his phone screen as Jeongin angled the device farther from him to see better. As if he was a middle aged mother looking at a meme, he pulled the phone away from his face and scrunched his eyes up. Changbin quickly tapped the electric screen with his hand, playing the wanted video as it's aesthetic contents of the natural world hypnotized them both into silent awe. The older had to focus to explain, "It's a video of hot spring gysers from a national park in Iceland. Look at how cool it looks there. Imagine going there as a date spot or being there in general."

The younger's jaw fell slack as he watched. An amazed little child, completely mesmerized.

After a moment, he shuffled, "Wait, play it again?"

Changbin did. He swiped up, swiped down, and hit the play button.

Jeongin smirked as he watched the gyser erupt, "Me when your mothe—"

Changbin hit the back of his head.

"Ow!" The younger hissed. He whipped back to the older, hands flying as he tried to smack Changbin, "Why do you hate me so much?!"

Changbin narrowly dodged the assault, ducking and swaying as the paddle of his hands tried to kiss his skin. He snatched up Jeongin's flying wrists, holding them in a tight grip that rendered his barrage useless before leaning into him with a snort, "Because, you make comments like that."

Jeongin mocked him, his voice going high-pitched as he make some vague mockery of Changbin's words that sounded like a chipmunk squeezing air through it's tiny cheeks. He ripped his thick wrists away from Changbin as he spun around in circles behind the counter, those noises continuing to spill from him as he moved his hands like they were talking, his hands became the mouths he was talking his jeering through. The older watched him in amusement; Eyebrows raising with each gesture from the younger attempting to rip into his retaliation. He tried to catch him in his mockery a few times, each attempt being dodged with a skillful swerve.

Luckily for the younger's narrow avoidance of being body slammed into the tile floor, unfortunately for Changbin who wanted to suplex him into oblivion, the front door of the boba shop saved him with the ringing of the small golden bell. They glanced over, not even needing to address or exchange glances to one another to understand who was strolling to the counter where Jeongin would receive his usual order. That's right, Jeongin this time would have to do it. He'd need to do the work he was hired to do, not the "work" he said he did when asked what his job was.Because, as soon as the bell had rung, Changbin whipped around on his heel and escaped to the employee backroom.

For no other reason than to avoid doing the brunt of the peaceful work for once, he wandered around the backroom. Pacing back and forth around the table. Turning the bracelet on his wrist to feel the gentle chains gliding over his warm skin. Sipping at the energy drink he placed on the table earlier that day, spinning it around and reading the labels on it, attempted to find something to do while he avoided taking the order. Changbin came to be so bored he read the ingredients of the drink; What the hell was pyridoxine hydrochloride and riboflavin, anyway?

Not wanting to read up anymore on the potentially dangerous chemicals that would cut his lifespan in short by a few hundred decades, Changbin set the energy drink back down on the table and listened to the soft sound of the young businessman's voice speaking in the other room. He had murmured a small, slightly slurred, 'Thank you'. Judging by his voice alone, barely audible over the gentle hum of the air conditioner in the barren room, Hyunjin sounded tired.