Epilogue

A blood curdling scream filled your ears suddenly. "Mama!"

You turned, raising a brow when you heard the loud pitter-patters of JJ's feet rushing down the hall. She came rushing into the kitchen, her tiny legs making her slow as she stopped in front of you. She was wearing a unicorn onesie, the hoodie falling off her head.

"Mama!" she exclaimed again, her arms wrapping around your legs as she looked up at you.

"What is it, baby?" you asked, running hand through her hair.

The six-year-old pointed to where she came from, "Uncle Dimi scared me and then told me that I'm bad at hide and seek!"

You looked back and saw Dmitri walking into the room, his hands on his hips. "Dimi, really?" you said, placing your own hand on your hip as you leaned to the side. JJ wrapped her arms tighter around you, breathing hard to be dramatic.

Dmitri rolled his eyes, "All I said is that she is really easy to find and I'm not."

JJ looked up at you again, pulling away and mirroring your stance, one finger pointing at him in accusation. "He was hiding in the ceiling! He was hiding up there, and then he fell down, and then he jumped in front of me, and then he scared me."

You looked at Dmitri and shook your head, "Just why?"

He shrugged, pointing back at her, "She said any place was available for hiding so I chose the vents because she can't reach."

"That's not fair!" JJ yelled.

"JJ, the only rule was that I could not use Scout to track you!" Dmitri responded.

"Guys! Hush, jeez," Natasha said as she entered the room. She leaned against the doorframe and JJ came running.

"Uncle Dimi is being mean, Mommy," she complained, hugging her legs this time.

"What happened?" she asked.

You sighed, "Dmitri is being childish. He hid in the vents in a game, jumped down, and scared her."

Natasha looked up at him, her face showing her annoyance as she sighed, "That's not necessary. Why are you scaring my kid?"

Dmitri rolled his eyes and bent down to JJ's level, pinching her nose, "Go play with someone else, if I'm so mean." He got up and left. JJ straightened up and watched him go, "Wait, come back! I'm not done!"

She ran after him, to which he responded by running off and calling Scout for "protection". You shook your head and laughed, "Children."

Natasha came to your side, leaning on the counter. "What're doin'?"

"Making lunch. Why?" you asked her.

"Just wondering," she smirked. "You know, you're cute when you do stuff."

You rolled your eyes and bumped your hip against hers. "You're cute all the time."

She laughed, turning your face so you would kiss her. You smiled and then shoved her away. "Go get the team, I'm almost finished."

She rolled her eyes and muttered something about you telling her what to do. She came back with JJ on her hip and set her down at the table to eat, the rest of the Avengers in tow to get food.

They came in like a storm, grabbing plates and getting their food. Scout came over to you, sitting and holding up her paw. You rolled your eyes and tossed a fry her way so she would leave you alone.

JJ made Bucky put her on his shoulders so she could be taller than everyone else. He did not mind as walked around to get his food, making her plate as well.