.

.

.

  Some records might have said the final battle of Roan kingdom had been the attack of the Lion Dragon, a creature so powerful and grand, that it took multiple Dragons and many warriors to risk their life to defeat it. 

A creature that even forced the former King of Roan himself to step into the battle field and end up sacrificing his own life in exchange for the Lion Dragons defeat,

But...

Those only those who were actually present in the battle field and lived to tell the tale would have know, that it was in fact, not the last tragedy the world had to face.

.

.

.

Cale stood still in the battle field; Head hung low. In the dead of night, as thousands of cries filled the air-- Screaming in pain while the heat consumed them mercilessly.

The casualties from the Lion Dragon were by no means, little.

It took them Weeks just to figure out it's attack pattern, and maybe months just to injure it. And by the time they were able to kill it.

At least 90% of the troupes were wipe out clean, or at least, fatally injured. Only some managed to stay save, but even so, they were also covered with injuries from head to toe.

No one was spared; Not the young nor the old...

Death Doesn't Discriminate,

Between the sinners and the Saints.

"Human..."

  "I'm here..." In his arms was the body of the little Dragon who was no longer little and lively. He was still alive, but... barely enough for him to still be considered to stay amongst the living.

  Even after all all those attempts and ways Cale had tried to keep everyone safe, they still all died in the end. Cale couldn't even see or know where Choi han was at right now. So he can only hope that he was safe--

Cale's fist tightened, gripping his own palm till it bled slightly.

He didn't even bothered to wiped the stains that were decorating his jaws anymore, nor did he cared about how his nose that was still dripping fresh blood out of the crevice. 

"I'm still here, Raon..." 

  Cale hugged the little Dragon he had saved once upon a time, his voice was parched and hoarse from everything, "I'm still here..." 

"Don't go... Human..."

  The little Dragon was beaten black and blue, even with his quick regeneration, there were still wounds that were not healing properly. Mana exhaustion was also probably one of the reason why the little Dragon was struggling right now.

"I'm sorry...--"

.

.

.

  It was hard for Raon to see properly, but he could see how his Human was crying. Raon had saw how his Human cried before in the Crown Prince-- no, the King's room before after fainting. The Human had denied he was sad at that time, but no one had believed him.

But Raon supposed, he know that the Human wasn't lying at that time now.

Because,

When his Human was sad, the humans tears actually burns. Not literally, but still burnt nonetheless.

"I'm sorry,"

  Raon watched as the weak Human kept on apologizing as he put Raon down to the bloody battle field with his own cloak to cover The little Dragon's body so it wouldn't be stained and dirtied more than it already is.

  The little Dragon also saw how the Human had staggered his way to the Sealed Gods temple, limping his way through the path made by the skeletons and corpses of the peoples that had fought and died in the said battle field.

"Hu...man..."

That was perhaps the last Raon, the little mighty Dragon had seen his Human in that world.

.

.

.

Cale could feel his bones breaking and shattering with every step he took. All his innards had probably been twisted and mashed beyond repair by now... even beyond the capability of the vitality of the heart...

"Glutton, are you there?" Cale muttered, forcing his voice to come out.

There was no answer,

"...Glutton?"

'Yes... I'm here Cale-- hiks, Cale, please, you have done enough... You don't have to force your self anymore. I-- none of us wanted you to push your self to go this far...'

Her voice was also strained, quivering just like how crybaby use to cry in his head.

  And somewhere in his heart, maybe Cale was glad he still could hear Glutton's voice even when the other ancient powers had forced themself to sleep in Cale's consciousness in order to not burden Cale anymore than necessary. 

He was glad the Glutton had been selfish to want to stay--

'Please Cale...' The Glutton begged, 'Please... You don't have to do this... That sorry of an excuse God will Kill you!'

"I'm fully aware of that," 

Cale stood still in front of the door that leads to the sealed Gods domain, it wasn't even 100 meters away from where he was originally standing, but he was already out of breath.

'Then!'

"But I still have to..." Cale doesn't even know why he was still fighting anymore, but he knew he had to, somehow, "Besides, I won't die"

Slacking?

Can he even still achieve that at this point?

This was honestly on par with the test the thief had showed him long ago. It was like a nightmare come true for him.

'Cale, you're crazy! You know you can't face that bastard alone!'

Cale helplessly laugh at the loud berate the Glutton had screamed inside his mind, a laugh that soon turn to small coughs.

'What's so funny?!?'

Glutton almost sounded desperately worried when she shouted that inside his head. But all Cale could do was laugh hollowly. 

"Perhaps... I have," 

Cale admitted willingly, his tone bitter

.

.

.

"Maybe I even have gone crazy long ago..."