Chapter 36: Love, Ian&Veronica

Start from the beginning

-x-

When we arrived, Veronica's crew was already dancing. They stopped when they heard the door close and pretty much screamed Veronica's name in appreciation. The studio was this huge room with mirror walls. Pieces of fabric were hanging down from the ceiling on a corner and on the other there was a pole.... It can't be. Karma's not that kind.

After they all hugged, Veronica went right with the introductions. And then, came the catching up. It was nice to watch her around her friends. She was like a whole different person, but not really.

"So what's today about?" Asked Varonica. "You doing new choreo?"

"Nah!" Said the girl who I've known as Miranda. "We're just chillin' today. Probably gonna do some free's" she said. Sadly, I don't speak 'dance' so I was clueless as to what that meant. But Veronica nodded in understatement so that was that.

Without a warning, they all dispersed until the center of the studio was completely open and unoccupied. I walked backwards and laid on the wall beside Veronica as Miranda started the music with a control remote.

"What's gonna happen?" I asked Veronica.

"They're gonna start freestyling." She saw my confused face and continued explaining. "It's when you make up a choreography on the spot. See the remote?" she asked pointing towards Miranda who was holding it. "It controls the music they're gonna be dancing to so they don't know until they start. And it could change at any second." She explained as the music started and one of the guys started dancing.

One after the other, they started dancing in ways I've never seen before. It was pretty hard to believe it was all made up in the spot. Their laughs and excitement after some one did something new was contagious. And Veronica looked beautiful while she laughed. Out of nowhere, one of the guys took Veronica by the arm and pulled her towards the center of the studio.

As if on cue, everyone around started looking in their pockets and around them until they got their hands on their phones to film her.

"You're gonna record her?" I asked one the guys who was now beside me. Benji, I think.

"Oh, you're gonna want to record this!" He said confidently. I was able to get my own phone just before she started.

I recognized that song. Going down for real by Flo-rida ft. Sage the Gemini.

She completely transformed. She looked more confident and intimidating, on a good way. I had no idea she could move like that. When the chorus hit, her crew started cheering and clapping and her face gave a smile as if she was loosing focus for a second. She definitely reminded me of one of the dancers from those movies. She finished perfectly in synch with the song as the chorus ended just before they changed the song.

Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

How on earth is she gonna dance to that?! I observed peeking my head around my phone as she took a deep breath, straighten out her body and faced herself on one of the mirrors. She started dancing ballet. Flawlessly, may I add. At one point she took one of the guys and pulled him towards the center so I thought she was done.

But, instead, they started dancing together, like in the video. It was the exact choreography and even though it was just that, I couldn't help but to feel jealous. That was my woman he had his hands all over, even it was for the arts. I had to admit though, she flowed with the music and looked so sophisticated and graceful. Just seconds ago, she looked like she had jumped out of a Step Up movie, and now she looks like The Black Swan....

The guy didn't looked like he was taking it seriously, thank god. He took every chance he had to do something funny and make Veronica lose focus, and she did for not more than three seconds. By the end, they were both just joking around and trying to steal each others spotlight. Like when they changed positions countlessly when the song said 'We found love right where we are' just because they both wanted to be the center of attention. Of course, it was all a joke and their crew was laughing the whole time.