Chapter 19

So this chapter was going to be about Cleardawn and Snowfall's second attempt at their warrior assessment, but mouse-brained me, I decided to squeeze it at the end of chapter 16 and hope for the best *Face plant*.

So since I didn't want to ruin my days (cough cough, minutes) of hard work and planning, I decided that this chapter is going to be a bonus chapter in the perspective of Songpaw! Trust me, she becomes important in the second book. I've got it all planned out.

Due to me recently hitting 1K reads on this book (which I still can't get over), this chapter is going to be EXTRA long, which is why it took a long time to come out. Also, I had to do some research since I don't know a THING about medicine herbs and stuff. Enjoy! Chapter 20 will be back on subject, I promise. :D

PS The pic is of Songpaw! Also please go check out my Art Competition and enter otherwise I'll be lonely :(

Songpaw was in a bad mood. She was tired of being an apprentice. Aldercoat had sent her to retrieve catmint incase of any greencough or whitecough outbreaks in Leaf-bare, which was soon.

As Songpaw padded at the shores of the huge lake, she saw a weird light coming from it. No... lights.

Suddenly, the lake bubbled, and out of it emerged a cat with stars weaved through it's transparent pelt.

"Songpaw, the clans are in great danger," The Starclan cat warned.

Songpaw rolled her eyes. "Well aren't they always," She grumbled to herself. The Starclan cat took no notice of this and continued.

"Prepare for a great battle. It will take the lives of many, and the clans may be lost for good if the Cats of Hope (I know, cringe, but I couldn't think of anything else!!!) do not come together. You are essential to the clans survival, Songpaw. Prepare..."

And with that, the Starclan cat faded away into a cool mist that rested on Songpaw's nose.

Songpaw was also sick of Starclan's useless warnings about 'terrible tragedies' that were going to take place in Thunderclan.

"Darkness is coming! The clans are in danger! One of the kits stepped on a thorn and now every cat is going to die!"

Okay, so maybe Songpaw was exaggerating just a bit. But she wasn't in the mood to deal with a prophecy now.

Let the clans suffer, for Starclan's sake, just give me time to be alone!

Songpaw was aware of the 'medicine cat code', and she knew that she should feel honoured to receive such an 'important' prophecy, but she needed a break.

Abandoning her search for catmint, Songpaw turned and began padding in the direction of the Windclan camp. Suddenly, a loud yowl pierced the air, and Songpaw began running in the opposite direction.

She crossed the Shadowclan border, going too fast to try to scent if there was a patrol. She didn't care. There was a cat in pain that she had to treat.

As she came to the border of Riverclan, the yowl sounded again. Songpaw walked north until she wasn't in any clan territory, but she was still in the forest. She knew exactly where she was, though: The Dark Warrior's camp. Well, just outside it.

The yowl grew louder and Songpaw came to a stop where the trees parted into a small meadow. And there, lying in front of her was an injured, ginger tom.

Blood oozed out of deep wounds and the state of the cat's hind leg was terrible. He had ginger fur with a white underbelly, and hazel eyes that glowed with fear. He looked at least one or two moons older than Songpaw at least.