Chapter 11

note: Cranefrost is on the cover of this book and I did not make the picture. It's actually Ivypool. I'm not very good at art but if you want to draw some I'll most definitely include it and credit you. Thanks! PS The cat up there is Snowpaw I just got it off the internet.

Cranefrost's p.o.v

Cranefrost had dreams. Dreams of the prophecy about talons, dreams about her mother and how she fought so hard to protect her loved ones. And then, Starclan visited Cranefrost.

"Dark times are coming, fight hard, fight fierce, fight with skill. Fight like your mother. Many will be lost, but do not mourn them. Let your sadness turn to anger. Anger against these cats that kill for fun. Turn that anger into strength. You are one of the most respected and strongest warriors Thunderclan has ever trained. Use your power for good. Use your wisdom for good. Use your anger for good. Your destiny is written in the stars, and if you rise up to it, you will be remembered for as long as the clans live." Larchpaw bowed his head respectfully to Cranefrost. Cranefrost took all the words in, and she shivered, affected by the deepness of the apprentice's words.

Larchpaw disappeared and Sunspirit took his place. Cranefrost dipped her head in sorrow, she had always blamed herself for losing her beloved mentor.

"Do not mourn for me. When you wake up, fight hard for all of the lives you have lost." Sunspirit said.

"So I'm not dead?" Cranefrost asked.

Sunspirit's whiskers twitched. "Not yet, though you were close to joining Starclan."

Cranefrost was thankful for the confirmation. Her final question was one she'd been wanting to ask Starclan for moons.

"Can I see my mother?" She whispered.

Sunspirit fell quiet. Nothing stirred.

"Cranefrost, that's something Starclan's been wondering about. Flamebriar... is not in Starclan."

"What?!" Cranefrost meowed, confused and angry. Had Starclan not accepted her?

"She joined Starclan shortly after dying, but then she went missing. We haven't seen her since. This has been happening to other Starclan warriors too."

The prophecy returned back to Cranefrost's mind. Somehow it all connected up. But how?

Clearpaw's p.o.v

Clearpaw clawed the floor angrily. Why did Snowpaw have to be so stubborn? She stared at the spot Snowpaw was just sitting at and felt rage. Snowpaw had lied. Snowpaw was on the side of the Dark Warriors. She was one of them.

Then, Clearpaw swiftly walked through the camp. She dodged warriors and ignored their questions if she was okay. As she walked through the nursery, a kit- Olivekit grabbed her tail.

"Hey, Clearpaw! Wanna pla-" Olivekit was interrupted by Clearpaw, who flicked her tail. Olivekit went flying back into the nursery.

"Clearpaw! You hurt him!" Growled Poppybounce as she picked up her kit and started to lick him. Clearpaw didn't even turn around to look at her. She continued to walk.

Suddenly, Leapmist blocked her path. Clearpaw's heart flooded.

"Clearpaw, are you okay?" he asked.

"Just leave me alone!" Clearpaw hissed. Then, she ran.

***

A pale grey she cat with piercing sky-blue eyes and dark fur at the tips of her ears and tail stared at Clearpaw. It was her reflection. Clearpaw was special and she knew it. A brutal battle was coming, and Thunderclan didn't know who was on which side.

Her mother, Flamebriar had powers and she'd wasted them. But Clearpaw wasn't going to let that happen. She didn't have physical powers, but she was strong.

Suddenly, another cat appeared in the river's reflection. He was a hazel brown tabby with white stripes. Clearpaw immediately recognised him. It was Leapmist.

"Leapmist, I'm sorry." Clearpaw whispered. Leapmist nodded, waiting for a further explanation.

"It's just... I saw Snowpaw at the Dark Forest camp talking with the warriors and when I confronted her, she denied it! She's so stubborn!" Clearpaw told him.

"All cats have secrets, both good and bad. Sometimes it takes another cat by shock when another cat knows their secrets. I think that was the situation." Leapmist comforted.

Clearpaw stared up at Leapmist in wonder and shock. When had he become so wise?

Clearpaw dug her muzzle into Leapmist's fur and purred.

"Thank you." She meowed.

And he purred too.

Snowpaw's p.o.v

Clearpaw had seen her. Everything was about to change. Her plans could be ruined if Clearpaw dared to tell.

Snowpaw traveled to the medicine cat den to check on her beloved sister. She was barely moving, and there were deep gashes in her pelt surrounded in dry blood.

"Is she going to be alright?" Snowpaw whispered to Aldercoat.

"I don't know. Her fate is the choice of Starclan's now." Aldercoat responded. Snowpaw felt dizzy. If she'd been there quicker, she would've helped Cranefrost. But now Cranefrost was dying.

Snowpaw sulked out of the apprentice den. Rain soaked her pelt and Snowpaw knew she couldn't return to the apprentices den for her sister's strict scolding. So she padded through the forest until she found a small cave to lie in.

There, she sat, shivering. Suddenly, a cat entered the cave. It was Adderfang.

Adderfang looked at her.

"I thought I was the only one who knew about this cave!" He purred. Snowpaw and Adderfang had become close during her earlier apprenticeship but their friendship had wandered as Snowpaw visited the Dark Warriors camp.

"Can you not share?" Snowpaw asked, stifling a purr.

"Oh, alright. But only because it's raining!" Adderfang answered, his whiskers twitching mischievously. "Why aren't you in the apprentice den?" Adderfang added.

Snowpaw sighed and started to explain the whole situation to him. Adderfang was a good friend that was understanding and Snowpaw felt she could tell him anything.

"So why aren't you in the warriors den?" Snowpaw asked.

"I just prefer it out here." Adderfang answered with a distant look in his eyes.

Snowpaw and Adderfang slept in the cave that night beside eachother.

Hii! So this is such a BORING CHAPTER with an even more BORING end. But hey, at least I did something! Who is your favourite character??? Tell me in the comments.