Chapter 23

Hiiii! I just want to say a huge thank you to all the kind people that have supported me through the 22 chapters that I have posted. Never would I have through that I would make it this far! Here are a list of people you should follow if you want the same support I got:

chrxnicles-

Sleirdarcooe

WarriorCats4Life62

tracyyu28465

A_Bored_Crow

prawnpizza7

Sachrinekittykat

XxBriar_TanglexX

GingerHeartsLoyalty

TinyDancer2332

Simple_Warrior_Fans

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! On with the story!!!

The trees were skeleton bare, their branches hanging ominously over her as Snowfall trekked through the forest, following a moss carpeted path that descended onward. The sky was dark and the stars shone brightly. They were faint and delicate, like single drops of dew that hung onto a green blade of grass at dawn.

There, for once, was silence in the forest. No owl with glowing amber eyes hooted, no mouse scurried across the bare, frozen forest floor. Snowfall's fur fluffed up as she tried to avoid the crisp wind. She came to a halt as she entered a clearing.

The first thing that Snowfall noticed was that every single cat of the Dark Warriors had gathered underneath a small pile of rocks on which a slender, dark she sat sat, her tail flicking impatiently behind her. Snowfall just thought they were having a meeting, but as she pushed herself through the crowd, cats gave her icy glares.

Something was wrong.

All cats' fur was bristled, and a hostile fire burned in their eyes.

"Well, well well. Look who finally decided to show up! Snowpaw." Snipe spat the last word. Her ears were flattened against her head and her lip was drawn back in a snarl.

"You know, I really had faith in you. I believed in you. I thought you were the best fighter in the group! You had so much potential." Snipe shook her head in mock sadness,

"But now I've received the news that you're a double spy?! That you've been teaching Thunderclan our own battle moves?!" Snipe straightened herself as she addressed the rest of the cats.

"Today I have gathered all of you here to show you what happens to traitors and cats who do not obey me."

"H-how did you know?" Snowfall murmured, trying to stall.

Snipe, who'd unsheathed her claws, twitched her long, pale whiskers in amusement. "You're not the only spy, you know! And this spy has actually proved his worth and loyalty!"

A ginger tabby tom pushed himself through the crowd, where he stopped before Snipe. His icy blue eyes were fixed at Snowfall as realisation dawned on her.

Adderfang.

Snowfall's eyes narrowed as she looked at the tom. He broke eye contact and looked at his paws.

If Snipe saw this nervous fidgeting, she ignored it. "Now, I would like to watch you two fight, but I have decided that since I was your mentor, and you tricked me the most, I will kill you. You should feel honoured to die in such a noble way, to the paws of the future ruler of the forest!"

"I'm not going to die to a monster like you! You have no heart! You killed my own clanmates!" Snowfall snarled. And with that, Snowfall hurled herself at Snipe. Snipe simply dodged her attack, but Snowfall swung a paw under her legs and the black she cat tripped. 

Snowfall then leapt onto her opponent, only to be hauled off by Snipe's strong hind legs. 

This is not your time to fight! You will not die today. Pull away now and return even stronger with the support of the clans. A voice ominously spoke in Snowfall's head and she pulled away hesitantly. Snowfall flipped Snipe over and ran. The Sun was starting to rise and her pelt was soaked with blood. Then, she ran.

She was halfway back to Thunderclan when Snowfall heard a quiet voice call her name.

"Snowfall."

Snowfall whipped her head around. "You." She whispered, her eyes narrowing.

"How could you even talk to me?!" She hissed. Adderfang had given her identity away. He'd help murderers kill Snowfall's kin.  The only cat she trusted had betrayed her.

"I-"

"GO AWAY! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" She shrieked. Snowfall swiped at hsi muzzle and blood oozed out of the wound. Adderfang was unmoved. He stared at her with an unreadable expression.

"I-"

But Snowfall had already started to walk away. She had let love blind her. 

Snowfall slumped in her nest even though it was day, and all of the other cats were outside, doing their duties. She didn't want to move. 

"Snowfall?" A small voice squeaked. It was Songpaw. "Do you need any herbs? Are you sick?" 

"I'm just tired." Snowfall grumbled. Songpaw nodded and retreated out of the den, and Snowfall was left in silence once again.

Another cat entered the den moments later, and Snowfall was ready to yowl at them to go away, but she stopped just in time when she realised who it was.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened." Talonclaw asked sympathetically, dropping a small vole at her paws. "I couldn't find any bigger prey, sorry, leaf bare is affecting us a lot."

"Does it look like I'm okay?! I was just betrayed by the cat I though I loved!" Snowfall snapped, ignoring his kind gestures.

Talonclaw flinched and looked away.

"I was never going to tell you Adderfang was in the Dark Warriors! I should've stopped him! I'm sorry." Talonclaw's whiskers trembled and he exited the den, leaving Snowfall confused about his all-of-a-sudden sadness...

Hiii!!! :D:D:D:D Sorry for the short chapter but it was the best I could do after not updating for so long! Please comment: Adderfall or Snowclaw??? Because if you choose Snowclaw, there's going to be a BIG plot twist!!! >:D

Till the next chapter,

Simple_Warrior_Lover