Chapter 8

For my friend Summer

"Cranefrost. It is known that due to your unacceptable and terrible behaviour at the recent gathering, I will punish you. Hurting another warrior during the truce goes against the whole warrior code. With these actions, you have shown us that you do not have enough understanding of the warrior code. Therefore, for the next half-moon, I am making you an apprentice again. You can tag along with Fallingpaw, Clearpaw and Snowpaw. They will have their warrior assessment in half a moon so it lines up."

Cranefrost didn't know what to do. 

She couldn't be an apprentice anymore! She earnt her warrior name! 

Thunderclan cats' eyes turned to her, waiting for her reaction. It only took 2 seconds for Cranefrost (I dont know whether to call her Cranefrost or Cranepaw so I'm just going to call her Cranefrost even though she's an apprentice) to figure out what to do- she turned, light on her paws and ran.

Suddenly, everything went dark. The world seemed to be spinning around Cranefrost and a light cat appeared. 

"Go to the Twolegplace. Find allies. Go." 

Then there was nothing.

***

Jackalflame's p.o.v

Jackalflame had been watching from the bushes. He couldn't stand the suspense of what her punishment was- but it wasn't in a bad way. Even though Cranefrost had almost killed his father, Jackalflame easily respected and liked her over him. Her feelings were relatable- and they were quite similar. 

"Cranefrost! Are you okay?!" He jumped out of the bushes and helped Cranefrost struggle to her paws.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Starclan spoke." Cranefrost whispered, eyes wide. "Jackalflame. Why are you here?" She  hissed to Jackalflame.

"I couldn't just leave you to get punished! And then... I saw you on the floor. It was scary!" Jackalflame answered with a shiver.

Cranefrost looked like she wanted to lash out at him, but her flattened ears rose again as she took a deep breath.

"Thank you." She purred. "I received instructions from Starclan. Would you like to come with me to the Twolegplace?" 

"I'd love to!" Jackalflame answered.

They padded together, talking and getting to know each other, not knowing what tragedy Thunderclan was facing back in the forest...

Snowpaw's pov

"She'll come back soon... she just needs some time to herself." Redstar said. The crowd of cats broke apart and they went back to their dens, murmuring about the gathering. 

The full moon was barely visible, as clouds covered it. The light seemed muted and the night seemed quiet. Too quiet...

Snowpaw couldn't get to sleep that night. She didn't know what had come over her, she just felt... uncomfortable. It was a familiar feeling. The same one that had come to her after Whiskerberry had died, after Sunspirit was found and after Talonclaw had become her mentor. It was like they all linked up somehow...

Snowpaw got up. She'd had enough. That night, she was going to find out answers.

She walked through the camp which was silent. Everyone was asleep.

But then, Snowpaw's ears pricked. She heard something. Maybe not everyone was asleep...

She followed the sound of a cat padding through the forest where she saw 2 figures in the distance. 

"When will we attack next?" A gruff voice said. It was a familiar voice.

Talonclaw! Snowpaw thought. The cat next to Talonclaw had a broad frame and black, fluffy hair. 

Suddenly, a chill ran through Snowpaw. This cat looked exactly like the description of the cat that attacked Clearpaw! This cat's fur matched the fur that Snowpaw had found in one of Sunblaze's wounds before they had buried him.

This cat was the mystery murderer.

Snowpaw closed her eyes and prayed that they wouldn't smell her scent. She was going to sit in the shadows and listen to their plan. At least Thunderclan would finally know who and what was happening.

"In half a moon. We need to take out their best warriors slowly. We also need to use the elements around as an advantage. You have done well, pushing cats into the river, but what if you're in a fight and you're not near the river? You have huge, strong legs. Don't let them go to waste. You can blast your attacker off you and into a tree, and while they're recovering, pounce on them. You need to work with your surroundings and learn how to fight properly." The cat told Talonclaw. 

Talonclaw nodded with espect. "I understand. And how is Snipe?" 

"She's a lot better than Storm. She's smart and strong despite her inexperience as a leader. She has also declared a new tradition. If the deputy wants to become the leader early, they have to fight the current leader. If they win, they can become leader. If they lose, they die. Just like when Snipe killed Storm." The Dark Warrior suddenly lifted his nose.

"I smell another cat." 

Snowpaw's blood turned to ice. She slowly backed away, hoping to run  back to camp before she could get into any other trouble. But she was too late.  Her hiding spot was uncovered by the Dark Warrior.

"Snowpaw? What are you doing here?" Talonclaw hissed.

The 2 warriors growled, their fur bristled and claws unsheathed.

This is the end, Snowpaw thought.

***

Hiiii! Sorry for the short chapter! It's just I haven't updated in AGES and I knew you were getting impatient! Hopefully you like it and sorry for the Cliff Hanger. I also started another book if you want to see it. It's not really a book, it's just a list of my Favourite/Least Favourite Cats/Couples in Warriors. Please Vote and Comment on my stories! I'm writing as quick as I can!!!