Chapter 9

Cranefrost's p.o.v

Cranefrost and Jackalflame had wondered around the Twolegplace, in search of what Starclan had told her about. Eventually, the sun set underneath the clouds and Jackalflame and Cranefrost decided to settle down and continue looking the next day.

They both wandered into forest (but not too far), and started to hunt.

"ATTACK!!!" Another cat's voice suddenly yowled. Then, out of the bushes, about 10 rogues leapt out and circled Cranefrost and Jackalflame. They didn't look like kittypets- they weren't as fat or properly groomed. They looked properly trained, and each of them had broad frames as if they'd been training hard for this. 

Cranefrost's back arched and her fur bristled menacingly.

"What are you doing on our territory?" A huge cat with grey/blue short hair stepped forward.

This must be the leader, Cranefrost thought.

"We're going to put a stop to your evil ways! You've killed enough of our kin! Now we will kill you!" 

"What do you mean?! We're clan cats! Not those other dark cats! The dark cats have been killing our warriors too! We're on your side!" Jackalflame called out.

The leader studied them for a moment, and then flicked his tail. All of the cats surrounding them sat down. 

"The Dark Cats have been attacking you too?" The leader asked.

Jackalflame nodded. "Yes, we are the clan cats." 

"I've heard about the clan cats. Thunderclan, Shadowclan, Windclan, Seaclan and Skyclan?" The cat asked.

"Riverclan," Cranefrost corrected, her whiskers twitching in amusement. Sitting down with his fur not bristled, this cat looked at least as young as Cranefrost. He had a smooth, shiny coat of fur that twinkled in the moonlight and seemed to glow with a river-blue colour. 

"I'm Bubbles. We're rogues. The Dark Cats have been attacking us, killing our warriors and stealing the prey. They even released a terrible poison on the prey in our territory which took down half of our cats!" 

The cats around Bubbles bowed down their heads, and the sadness in all of their eyes tugged at Cranefrost's heart. This is what happened to her mentor, her mother and almost her sister!

"Come, sleep with us tonight. You have our protection. We will catch you prey. Together, we will work to kill the Dark Cats." Bubbles offered.

"Thank you, we do accept! Tomorrow, we will go back to the clans and tell them the good news- we have allies! We can team up and kill the Dark Cats once and for all!" Jackalflame meowed.

The rouges led them to their camp which was filled with hollowed out trees to sleep in. Cranefrost and Jackalflame got to explore all of the camp, and they even made friends. 

Mango, Hope, Muffin and Blossom led them to the nursery, where they visited the queens- Bella, Misty and Petal, who were helping look after the lively and energetic kits, Yap, Milo, Buttons, and Tato. 

Then, all of the other warriors introduced themselves to Jackalflame and Cranefrost. There were a lot, Nutmeg, Hazel, Glimmer, Whiskers, Hope, Blossom, Mango, Muffin, Cinnamon, Iris, Merry, Buck, Blue, Pepper, Pixie, Amber, Griffon, Hugo and Iris.

That night, Cranefrost and Jackalflame slept peacefully- something that they hadn't done in ages. They had allies. They had power. They had a chance to put a stop to the Dark cats. 

***

Snowpaw's p.o.v

Snowpaw had managed to convince Talonclaw and the other Dark Warrior, whose name was Fang, that she'd known all along that Talonclaw had been meeting up with him and that she wanted to join their group.

Fang had looked at her with such interest that Snowpaw had actually thought her plan had worked. And it did.

So there she was, in a secret camp full of murderers. She decided that she was going to spy for Thunderclan.

Fang and Talonclaw, who was called 'Talon' in the group, brought her to see the leader, Snipe.

"Thank you, now go and hunt. We need prey for the queens." Snipe had said. Talon and Fang dipped their heads respectfully and left Snowpaw gazing at the beautiful she cat. She had black fur as dark as a starless night, and her blue eyes sparkled with friendliness. It looked like there was nothing evil about this cat.

"Snowpaw, I hear from Talon that you are an excellent apprentice," Snipe started off. Had Talonclaw really said those things about her?

"We need talented cats in this group. You may think we're bad, but we are not. We are just like your own group, we care for each other, we love each other, and we fight and follow a code. You may not think so, but what you feel right now is the same as what mice feel when you kill them. They think you are evil, but you are just surviving." Snipe explained.

Snowpaw just stared at her, wide-eyed. This cat had a point.

"Have Talon and Fang told you about the leader before us, Storm?" Snipe continued. Snowpaw shook her head.

"Well, Storm was a terrible leader. If a cat was sick, she'd leave them in the wild with no care. She'd kill other cats if they disobeyed her. In fact, if Storm was still leader, you would be dead by now. I was the next-to-lead, which is the cat who becomes leader after Storm died. But I couldn't wait any longer. Storm was killing innocent cats! It was horrible. So I challenged her and killed her. Now I am leader." Snipe explained.

"Does that mean... you're not going to kill me?" Snowpaw asked in a voice that sounded more scared than she wanted.

"Of course not!" Snipe purred with laughter. "In fact, why don't I teach you how to fight properly? From what I've heard from Talon and our other spy, Thunderclan teaches pretty lousy moves."

Snowpaw nodded eagerly. She was finally going to learn how to fight for herself.

But you're a spy, not really one of these cats. Whatever they say, they're evil and will always be, Snowpaw reminded herself.

She and Snipe walked out into the forest and Snipe showed her awesome battle moves. Then, Snowpaw returned to Thunderclan and went to sleep, feeling tired and happy. She didn't want to tell anyone where she had been just yet. 

Snowpaw couldn't wait for tomorrow when she would go back to Snipe. It was going to be awesome.

Hiiii!!! so I can't believe I actually got a whole chapter done in a day! I have a REALLY important question to ask that I REALLY would appreciate if you answer in the comments: How many chapters do you think I should do?  I was thinking 30, but is that too much? Too little? I have absolutely no idea about story writing! Thank you!!!