Chapter 17

So this is somehow chapter SEVENTEEN!! Thanks to all of the people that gave me support like Sleirdarcooe. Please go give her the same support she gave me. Also, the fanfiction that has Cleardawn in it is called Cleardawn's Silence. It's really good, so you should check it out! Please check out my other stories, Name that Apprentice, Warriors Quiz and more on my profile! Also please request who I should find a picture of on the internet because I've run out of ideas! Also, sorry if I call Cleardawn Clearpaw, or Snowfall Snowpaw, I'm just so used to them being apprentices!

Snowfall's p.o.v

Snowfall was getting the hang of being a Dark Warrior. She was now the second best fighter in the group (after, of course, Snipe), and all of her 'clanmates' respected her. Snipe acted like her mentor, and Snowfall had learnt many fighting tricks that no one in the clan knew. Snipe and Snowfall had a bond that could not be broken easily- Snipe always treated Snowfall above the other warriors. She always had the first pick of fresh-kill, and her expectancies were high- which meant more reward when she reached them. 

One day, after learning a particularly complex battle move, Snipe made an announcement.

"Snowpaw (Snipe still called Snowfall Snowpaw since technically, in the Dark Warriors' group, she was still an apprentice), you are ready for your hunter assessment. You have trained very hard and now look how far you've come! You are one of the most talented cats in the group!"

Snowfall purred, her chest swelling with pride. For the other cats, it was impossible to receive comments from Snipe. 

"Really? Is it like a warrior assessment where you catch prey?" Snowfall asked.

This time it was Snipes time to purr. "No, mouse-brain! You have to kill a kitty pet from the Twoleg place."

Snowfall suppressed a gulp, determined not to show any signs of weakness. If Snipe had told this to Snowfall a few moons earlier, Snowfall probably would've yowled in terror and run away to hide under something. But since Snowfall had been introduced to the Dark Warriors' ways, she realised that Thunderclan trained cats to be scared and weak. She had changed so much.

Snowfall didn't flinch. She was a member of the Dark Warriors, and she was finally going to become a hunter! Now, getting her warrior name didn't mean anything. She had so many more exciting things to achieve than becoming a warrior or gaining an apprentice in Thunderclan.

Returning back to the present, Snowfall nodded and asked, "When do I start?"

Snipe looked right in Snowfall's eyes as she answered, "Right now. I have a lot of faith in you, Snowpaw. Do not fail. If you do, you will be thrown out." Suddenly, the forest seemed to go silent and the temperature dropped. But Snowfall wasn't going to be put down by Snipe's words. She was definitely not going to fail.

Again, she nodded, and then turned to the direction of the Thunderpath. Snowfall began trekking through the undergrowth of the forest, not even bothering to hide her scent. The Thunderpath's pollution would cover it up. Besides, how hard could killing a kitty pet be?

                                                                                                  ***

Quite hard, actually. Whenever Snowfall rested her paw on the gravelly surface of the Thunderpath and felt it vibrate, she'd jump away. Her old, jumpy instincts where coming back to haunt her at the worst possible time.

Just cross it already! Show Snipe that you're not afraid! A voice inside her urged. So Snowfall closed her eyes and started to cross the Thunderpath when the time felt right. (Please do NOT cross roads with your eyes closed, it is very dangerous and may end in you or someone else being injured or possibly dying).

Finally, Snowfall got to the end. As she opened her eyes, she realised that she had forgotten to breath. She exhaled deeply, letting the polluted air flow through her body. Her paws ached from the tiny, sharp rocks of the Thunderpath, and her body heaved as she breathe, but she wasn't giving up that easily. Not yet. 

Snowfall gazed at her surroundings and found herself positioned in front of a huge Twoleg den. A gate- about a tail length tall tail was built all around it, and inside of it was a small yard. 

Snowfall could scent a kitty pet for sure. 

She jumped upon the gate with ease and she almost looked graceful. There, she spotted a white and brown tabby cat younger than her, playing with a pitiful fake mouse. It's vibrant collar stood out in the Sun and the bell sounded as it moved. This'll be easy, Snowfall thought with a mischievous flick of her tail.

Snowfall raised her haunches and her tail wagged freely in the air (no, she is not a dog.) Then, she pounced.

The she cat was a way better fighter than Snowfall had thought. She managed to slice her claws on Snowfall, creating a few small gashes through her flesh, but that only made Snowfall more determined to end the kittypet's life.

Snowfall knocked the kitty pet of her feet and raked her claws on the soft, unprotected underbelly of the helpless she cat.

The kitty pet yowled in pain, blood pouring out of the injury. She sprang at the fence, trying to make an escape but Snowfall followed.

They battled on the Thunderpath before Snowfall came up with the most brutal, cruel and clever way to kill the poor she cat. Snowfall knew that it would impress Snipe.

She continued battling the brown and white she cat until she heard the sound she'd been waiting for: The soft rumble of a monster. Snowfall waited until it was close enough, and then, with all of her remaining energy, she pushed the kitty pet right in the monster's path.

The yowls of pain echoed through the forest as Snipe emerged with a congratulating look on her face. Snowfall could still hear them as they walked back to the Dark Warriors' camp.

"Dark Warriors. As you all know, I have been training this apprentice for the past couple of moons. She has fought well and passed her assessment with skill, strength and speed, just as a proper Dark Warrior should have. Snowpaw, your hunter name will be Frost. And, I have also made the decision to make you deputy. Frost!" Snipe announced the news as soon as the two cats returned. Frost's chest welled with pride.

"Frost!"

"Frost!"

"Frost!"

Frost.