𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

- - -
"Y/n.." Hunter's voice cracked, and he could feel the tears starting to form.

"hey, Goldie.." You lightly laughed.

He didn't find it funny. His tear-stained face frowned at you. The moonlight illuminating the back of your head, making it hard to read your expressions.

Then he wrapped his arms around you, and you didn't stop him. "Belos.." He was shaking, it brought you both back to the Parade, he missed those times. When you were close friends. When you both got flustered quickly. They weren't even two months ago, but it felt like years. "Belos he's.. he's not what i thought he was.." His voice cracked and he started crying softly again, "i.. i'm.. not what i thought i was.."

His arms tightened around your torso, trying to find some sense of comfort. You gave him a little squeeze before speaking. "I'm sorry, Hunter.. everything will be okay." You tried to comfort him.

"how could you know that?" he asked desperately, his face buried in your neck.

"Because. You're you." You pulled away from him, the cold bothering him more than he'd like. Although your hands still rested on his shoulders. "You're Hunter. You've done incredible things, all on your own. and at sixteen!" You smiled while giving him a light shake. He chuckled and you continued, "And you have me by your side. Through thick and thin! no matter what. You're my favorite person, remember?"

His smile faltered and he looked at the ground next to him.

"what happened? Hunter, you okay?" you stuttered worriedly.

He kept his eyes trained on the pebbles and dirt as you backed up a little. His heart was racing and his uncles voice echoed in his head.

'Out of all the Grimwalkers, you looked the most like him..'

"What if i'm not even a real person..?" He mumbled.

You gave him a puzzled look, "what?.. Hunter, what do you mean..?"

He began to cry again, you reached out and held his hand. "I learned something inside Belos' head.. something about me." He looked at you for a moment before turning away again. "I'm.. I'm a grimwalker, Y/n. I don't even know what that is! But.. i don't think it's good.. i think.. i'm a clone of someone Belos got rid of.."

your grip on his hand loosened in surprise, causing him to panic.

"you don't have to stay and pity me.. You're probably freaked out.. i would be.. i'm not actually real.." he laughed weakly.

You hugged him again. "You. Are Hunter Whatever-Your-Last-Name-Is." You pulled away and looked him in the eyes with a smile, "You like researching things that most people don't. You like being a little smart ass. And I hope you like hanging out with me, cause that's all we did for months! You have cool hair you over gel every morning. You make strong friendships. You're strong, and you're independent." You paused and let him soak up your compliments, "If those aren't a real person's characteristics, i don't know what are."

Hunter smiled back, "thank you. again."

You laughed as he hugged you again. You playfully gave his head a few pats. "Of course. And hey! We can try to find a few books on Grimwalkers when you're ready. If you want to that is."

Hunter didn't let you go, but nodded.

You laughed, "Okay, we should really get out of the woods now. You could probably come to the Owl-"

"NO!" He sprung up. "i mean.. no.. sorry.. It's just, Belos will probably be looking for me.. and the scouts would search the Owl Lady's house since I was with the Human."

You nodded and he relaxed a little as you both stood up.

"you're right.."

"I know." He smirked and crossed his arms.

"Well someone feels much better. Cocky already, huh?"

Hunter rolled his eyes with a smile. He missed you. The one that would banter with him.

"what about the school?" He pointed out.

"wait yeah! that's a good idea!"

He frowned, "don't sound so surprised."

You laughed, "where's Flapjack?" Right on cue, the cardinal fluttered and turned into a staff. "perfect, the Paranoratorium is still under reconstruction. whoever's supposed to be fixing the place has been lazy and not showing up to work." You rolled your eyes, Hunter remembered hearing about the Basilisk incident, "Anyway, you could hide in there for a while!"

Hunter mounted his palisman, "Got it. Thanks Y/n. And I'm sorry about what happened with the team.. I just wanted to prove to Darius and the Heads that I was worthy of being.. the Golden Guard.." He hesitated, short flashbacks of the broken Guard masks in Belos' mind.

"Hey! it's alright, i get that.. we're friends again, okay?"

"WE STOPPED BEING FRIENDS?!"

You laughed at him, "just hurry up and get to the school! There's a window three rooms down on the right side of the building, first floor. I always leave it unlocked cause the twins like sneaking in for pranks."

He smiled and took off, "Bye N/n!"
- - -