ɛռȶʀʏ ȶɦʀɛɛ

Okay, here we go again!!
— — —
You draw the spell circle over the book again.
— — —
You waved to your family as you walked out of the house. You were so glad you asked, no, begged, to be able to go in advance.

Most people were gathering at town square because there's be a lot of stands selling food and merchandise. But you told Hunter to meet you on one of the rooftops.

When you arrived, you laid out a blanket so you wouldn't get your clothes dirty. When you finished, you plopped down and looked up. Even without the Wailing Star, the sky was gorgeous.

Around 10 minutes pass and Hunter still wasn't here. You open your Penstagram to pass the time. Another 10 minutes and you hear someone's boots climbing up the grass.

"Hunter?" You turn towards the sound. "is that you?"

"Y/n?" He asks as he steps out of the shadow of the trees behind you.

"Hey!" You stand up to greet him. This time you don't restrain yourself and hug him.

He stiffens. "I.. was not expecting that.." he mumbled to himself before hesitantly hugging your back.

"sorry," you laugh.

"you look.. really nice.." He smiled.

Hunter couldn't quite see the color scheme of the clothing in the dim star light, but that didn't matter. You were still stunning.

"thanks," You laugh, "did you just get off work?" You look down at his uniform, his mask was buckled to his belt, and his cloak hung around his shoulders.

"yeah."he laughed too and removed his hood, revealing those blonde locks that you loved so much.

"okay let's go sit down!" You pulled him towards your blanket. The wind was ready to blow it away but you both got there first.

You talk for a while before the crowd below hushed down. A small whine comes from the sky.

You both look up. The sad sounds increase in volume as the lights get closer.

It was beautiful. The Wailing Star zoomed by, leaving a bright stroke behind it. You look at Hunter with a smile. He looks at you.

You're both a bit surprised, the lighting left quickly but you'd never forget the first bright genuine smile you saw on his face since you've seen him again.

All the colors from the star hit his face just right, so adding to his emotional glow, his body was too.

From Hunter's point of view, it was the same, if not better. The light illuminated you perfectly.

You could briefly see a flush of pink on his cheeks, or maybe that was just from the Star's light..

"woah.." You breathed out. You didn't really mean to, but how could you not with a sight like him?

You watched him draw in a breath and tense up. He looked back up at the sky. You stared for a couple more seconds before looking back up.

The green and blue trail started to fade, leaving a pixie dust like twinkle in the air. The crowd was quiet before clapping and leaving.

You and Hunter were the last people outside now. You both stayed there for a few hours.

"I've never seen the Wailing Star before.." Hunter said suddenly, smiling at the sky, as if reminiscing the moment.

You sat in silence for a moment, you vividly remembered the first time you both watched the Wailing Star together. A second memory within this one started playing behind the current one.