chapter 47

Chapter 47

Mark’s Provo
“ Nah my back hurts” I groaned as I set up right. My head was spinning. My eyes hurt. I had drunk at least four bottles of wine last night.
My eyes were bloodshot. I touched the bridge of my nose and cursed.
“ daddy you said one should not curse__” she stood at the door, a cool in hand.
“ Sorry, Princess. Good morning.” I said, motioning her to come to me.
She dashed to where I was. She peered at me, her huge eyes boring into mine.
“ morning father.” She smiled.
“ you came back late yesterday, I waited for you. Yesterday was your birthday and you weren’t here to cut the cake.” She brushed her doll.
“ I even baked it for you and even decorated the room downstairs.” My heart broke into million pieces. She had been waiting for me. My little Annabelle. But the most heartbreaking was my birthday. Had I lost family and friends over the past few years for them to forget?
Maybe I wasn’t cut for love, maybe in the future I would be but now all I need is to focus on my baby. My baby. She is all I have got now. She will be my happiness and my air.
IVY’S Provo
“ Ivy! You selfish bastard. “ I groaned. I had slept late last night.
“ Lizzy?” I mumbled
“ Here you are,” she stared at me. I squeeze my eyes shut and opened them. She was here.
“ Hey to you too little sister. “ I mumbled. She clicked her tongue.
“ I never thought you were this selfish. You are my big sister and your actions seem to puzzle m all the time.” I got out of bed and stretched.
“ What did I do this time Lizzy, how is Terry. He has been quiet for a while.” I walked towards the window.
“ don’t act as if you ou care about us Ivy, all you care about is money. Money money money all the time! You used your child to acquire such huge money from Mark. Are you this desperate? You have done despicable things in the past but this-" I drew the curtains and looked outside. The sun had risen.
‘ You are the despicable sister of mine!” I dashed from the window and slapped her. I felt my hand in contact with her jaw and I felt it wasn’t enough. The back of my palm connected with the same jaw. I heard her wince.
I wasn’t near done with her. I had suffered and they had no idea how I copied.
‘ Don’ talk to me like that ever again. If you had not opened your dirty mouth ten years ago about the father of my child, I would still have my womb. I would have done a proper abortion or worse I could have given the child for adoption. Or I would still have my womb and my baby in my arms. But no
You had to run your dirty mouth. I begged you, little sister, I begged you to shut up, I did I not?” she only glared at me, her hand on her cheek.
“ I won’t blame you and I will not, not now not ever. I don’t want to see you near my house or anywhere near it. Annabelle is my child. I would do what I see with her. Whether it's to acquire money or pity, I would do it again and again. Are we clear?” I had not noticed my hand had curled into a fist. I had made mistakes in the past and I am ready to pay for them, to correct them but they would not stop judging me.
“ Ivy? Did you slap me?
Me?
Your sister?” she was trembling. Her emotions were the least of my worries. Pity and empathy had left me a long time ago.
I no longer felt it, they broke me a long time ago but now-
“ And I will slap you again and again if you disrespect me in my own house. I will even slap you right now.” S hot slap landed on her arm. I wasn’t jogging when I said I would slap him again. I was tired, tired of everything.
“ Ivy!-" I shook my head.
“ get out, get out of my house. To hell with toxic people like you. “ I walked with her to the door, slammed it shut and locked it.
I dashed to the kitchen and gulped a whole water glass of water in one go. My hands were trembling. My feet were weak.
I could not believe I had done that. I just needed peace in my life.
A knock graced my door. I groaned.
“ I told you to never come near my house again" I flung the door open. I stopped talking as I looked at Larry. He was looking at the stairs.
“ I saw a young lady crying, is she your sister?” I clicked my tongue and went back inside.
“ Look, can I sit" why not. He had invited himself in.
“ When I was about 16 years, I met with a fatal accident. My brother was the one driving and in the process, my lower part got affected.
He was speeding and I had told him countless times to slow down. I spent five years in a wheelchair, going in and out of the hospital.
I managed to walk again but I could not get any woman pregnant. I had such hatred for my brother that I could not even be in the same house as him.
But with time I heeled. “ he looked at me. His eyes bore into mine, speaking to my inner self.
“ I don’t know what is happening with you and your sister to have such a fight but you need to forgive each other. If you don’t you will only be hurting yourselves.
Forgiveness is for yourself not the other person. You need to be at peace with yourself. “ I nodded my head.
“ This is my physiologist's number call her when you have time. “ he handed me the card.
“ And as for me, l like you a lot . “ he chuckled a little
“ When you are in a better place, give me a call okay.” He smiled and I melted. I felt everything inside me shift.
“ we will start this..” he leaned in to give me a pack on my lips. I get the need to pull him into my arms and kiss him but no I remained rooted there.
“ I am going" he whispered. I watched as he got up and walked to the door. Watched as he vanished behind the door.

“ Larry wait!” I called out to him.    I he not realised I he ran this far.  He was about to get into the car. He stopped and looked at me.
“ I _ I  _” I squeezed my hands together.
“ something wrong?” he asked. I shook my head.
“ really?” I nodded and shook my head the same time.
“ I can’t bare children as well, mistakes of the past.” I blubbered. He nodded his head.

“ can I get hug instead” I whispered. I doubt he had heard me.
“ sure” I froze. His voice had an effect what of his body pressed onto mine.

I swallowed. I watched as he strode towards me and embraced me. And at that moment  I realized it wasn’t worthy it. The pain, the battles and the arguments, they were all not worth it.
I had to let go. I had to move. People do move on so why can’t I..