\\ Chapter 23 // Billy //

Eris was only a few steps away, only a couple of steps up on the bleachers, but it was like she  was a million miles away from me, like if i were to touch her she would disperse into the fog, vanish entirely.

She didn't say anything. But as she stared down onto me, her eyes red and raw, her lips quivering, smoke in her moth as it was air, the look on her face Jesus Christ. It was completely blank ,yet consumed by a million emotions. Confusion. Anger.Hurt.

And like her, my whole body was shaking.

The idea of Christopher, being anywhere near her. breathing the same air. touching her. Talking to her. It made me sick. Made my body violently twist into a sheer fury. I should have fucking done something. told her what he had said. what he said all those weeks ago. 

'I'll fuck her in her sleep' ,his words echoed through me, as my lungs clenched, and I couldn't breathe. I should have fucking killed him.

"Tell me you're not that stupid?"

I exclaimed, shaking my head. I wasn't  shouting this time, but my voice still shattered through the silence.

Eris still didn't respond. It was genuinely like there was nobody there. like I was talking to a ghost. 

She just took another drag of her cigarette, staring at me, or more through me.

What was she thinking? 

"Just fucking tell me!"

I exclaimed, my voice filled with the rage dancing inside me.

That's when  her eyes truly focused on me, and all those emotions, smashed into one as she spoke, 

"What's it to you?"

I laughed at her own foolishness. What's it to me? 

It's everything. It means everything to me.

She is everything.

She is the moon, the sun, the stars, the planets. 

She is the sky, the earth, the water

She is every sunset, every sunrise.

She is air.

 Every particle of dust. Every molecule of water.

As long as she is somewhere I am alive, and without her I am nothing.

I would do anything for her. Kill and die. 

And that's what's so scary. That's fucking terrifying ,because how am i supposed to tell her? That's the problem. I would do anything and everything for her and she doesn't even know because  i can't tell her and i don't know if i ever can.

"That doesn't matter."

i stated, my jaw clenching as a deep cringe sparked through me,   as she abruptly got to her feet.

"Fuck you Billy. You have no fucking right. None. Mind your own god damn business."

She practically jumped off the bleachers, her walk almost turning to a run as she pounded down the stairs, her shoes engulfed in the thick fog, that seemed to form a wall around us, enclosing us into the sports field. It felt strange. The air was thick, and the sky was so dark even though it was only three. It was like we were in our own little world. Just the two of us.

"This is my business. You are my business."

I blurted out, my voice was harder and  more agitated than I expected, and now, I wouldn't be surprised if she kept running. I would have. 

 She stopped, and her whole body clenched tightly, before she twisted back to face me.

She looked so small. So fragile. Her eyes filling with salty tears, the cigarette between her fingers burning out.