\\ chapter 20 // Eris //

T/W Smut

A/N also this is not proof read because i cannot bere to look at this chapter any longer<3

written in Eris' first person pov

Once again ,we were cased in a cloud of silence as we stumbled through what felt like and endless maze of black, bark, and branch, still clinging tightly onto each other, even though it was more me being dragged along by Billy.

"Mind the roots"

The boy had murmured sarcastically  for the 100th time as i once again stumbled over the trees.

However, that was the only thing that left his lips as we walked.But despite this i didn't take any notice of anything let along the fucking trees.

All i could focus on, all my stupid brain could concrete on, was his hand. His stupid hand. and his stupid fingers

His fingers that were slowly, gently, almost barely, grazing back and forth against my bruised knuckle, over the incredibly irritating bandage.

He probably didn't even know what was doing it. But oh my life, it felt like something else. My heart began to race, faster and faster as he continued  mindlessly .

Grow up! Get over yourself. It's not a big deal!

And even though the forest was deathly silent, that all too familiar air of questions lingered in the warm, and not even the breeze could shake it. Questions that i don't think i could have answered. Not really, Not fully.

"I...Fell over...fell right on my face...I tried to break the fall...but landed wrong..."

I suddenly blurted into the darkness ahead, not really registering that i was going to say anything at all until the words had already let my mouth

My voice sounded wrong, it felt too loud in the silence, it sounded clumsy and unnecessary.

Instantly Billy's fingers stopped its motion, but i could still sort of feel them floating above, just like i could feel his eyes piercing down into me.I wanted to punch myself for saying anything at all.

It felt wrong to lie to him. But also what else was i going to say? While in a mental hospital, i had a complete breakdown because my therapist told me that you didn't like me like i like you. Yes. that would have been great. It was the better option to lie. definitely.

Billy didn't say anything. i didn't expect him to. Well, maybe i did. But he didn't say anything. only breathed. louder. faster. as if there wasn't enough air. His sharp inhales pierced the silence.

And without warning, he slowly pulled his arm away from where it became interlocked in mine, and for a moment we weren't touching at all, and then i really wanted to punch myself for saying something. Until it  fell neatly over my shoulder, pulling me into his side, his fingers gripping my shoulder, gripping tightly in order to keep me upright.

Thank God it was dark because i felt every part of my body blush. My ears, my nose, my cheeks...even my toes were indefinitely a bright crimson.

Fuck me.

It wasn't long until the dim porch light of the bungalow flicked through the branches. And in all honestly my heart sunk a little, as a small sigh echoed out my lips at the sight of Joyce's rusty car parked neatly opposite the building.

Billy must have seen it to, as his whole body stiffened around me, as i was ever so slightly pulled closer towards him. The warmth of his body poured into mine, as we became almost stitched together at each others side, pushing through the final branches of the labyrinth.