\\Chapter 16// Eris //

As the plane shuddered and shook with turbulence Eris began to tug and fidget at the bandages around her hands. It had appeared she had done a lot more damage than the doctors anticipated, breaking 4 of her knuckles.

For a bunch of trained doctors, they are all idiots 

Her breath quivered in control, anxiously trying not to gasp and scream as the plane tilted its way through the sky. She couldn't believe Joyce was fast asleep beside her, her head resting neatly on the girl's stiff shoulder.

It had been over a month.

Eris had finished the promised '4 days' perfectly, with no problems. But the doctors saw something that she didn't, and despite the assurance of exit, all she had heard was

"Miss love, we think it would be better if you stayed a couple more days."

For nearly 6 weeks these few words had tormented the girl, and no matter what she said or did they would not let her leave. Joyce had to beg the Doctors to let her out. And after Relentlessly arguing, and Joyce practically on her hands and knees pleading with them to release the girl, they finally caved.

Eris sighed as the plane began to steady itself, attempting to rub out the kinks and knots in her neck, flashes of hospital beamed at the exhausted girl as she shut her eyes a drifted into an uncomfortable dose.

To ensure there was no other incident the girl had been escorted everywhere she went, no matter the circumstances. And even worse she was strapped down at night with the only reason being just in case.

'Just in case? Just in case of what? It was one time! but suddenly I'm so dangerous that I need  to be tugged about on a fucking leash like an animal!"

Eris had once argued but nothing was done, they just took some notes and walked away. Not caring, and the girl couldn't even react. 

She was being watched constantly, surveyed and observed 24 hours a day. If she got too happy, too sad, or too angry it could change something, could change her diagnosis and increase the number of days.

 She became numb. Barely eating, sleeping, smiling and speaking. In that hospital, there was nothing to live for in her eyes. And everything went dark. and despite everyone watching, everyone always being there, she was truly alone. Even though Joyce was with her nearly every day, never really doing anything just holding her and hugging her, she was still alone. 

More alone than she had ever felt. 

Even when she finally got a hold of a phone to talk to steve - to tell him she was okay, and thank him for the chocolates and flowers he had sent her. Or to finally tell nancy she wasn't dead - even though she felt like it. Eris only felt guilt and sadness when speaking to her friends. Nancy wasn't angry, but the echo of disappointment that had rung over the line when she was first informed of the reasons for her best friend's sudden dissidence. The sympathetic and hurt tone of her voice was heartwrenching. 

But after a couple of days, nancy called again and they talked and talked about everything and nothing. Usually, Eris would ignore her and let the girl's voice trail away but not now, she listened intently to every ounce of gossip and drama nancy provided. 

But this couldn't fill her up, she wanted to be there, not being told about it, she wanted to see it, hear it, feel it, first hand. Eris was starving for life and light, and nothing could cure it.