\\ Chapter 10 // Eris //

A warm breath hummed against Eris's face, causing the girl to begin to stir from her deep slumber. She inhaled deeply, not wanting to wake up just yet.

once again a warm air filled her face and suddenly memories of the night flooded her brain. Praying it was all a dream. Some terrible nightmare. Billy would be safe, in his own bed. His face is unharmed. She would see him in his stupid car, chatting up a group of girls.

Eris' heart shattered when she blinked her eyes open. There was Billy, fast asleep. His eyes flickered rapidly underneath their lids.

Some of the redness that had smothered his entire face the night before had gone down leaving him with large purple grazes that scattered over his face. One stamped over his eye, another two tattooed on his cheekbone and the last one marked along his jaw, paired with one huge black spot that smacked against his neck.

Despite all of that, he remained beautiful. so so beautiful. Even more so when he sleeping. Entirely at peace as he swam in a pool of dreams.

Eris watched him as the rising sun began to illuminate his face, he looked angelic in the golden light.

Their bodies were knitted into one. Billy's arm was still stamped over her waist, and his hand still secure in hers. Their legs were knotted tightly underneath the covers.

"No...No...its fine... you're going to be okay...I'm here...please...you can't leave me..."

The boy began whimpering, his breath quickening as his messy eyebrows furrowed in despair.

Eris lightly brushed away the hair from his forehead in an attempt to wake the boy up.

"Billy...wake up...your dreaming"

she whispered

Billy's eyes flickered open slowly, before starting to blink erratically in a fluster of emotions.

although he was facing the girl it was as if she just looked through her. like she was a ghost. not even there.

He jolted up quickly to examine the room with a great look of concern on his face.

Eris' staring eyes followed the confused boy, as his head whipped up with his body suddenly on his feet, running his hand through his tangled hair.

Billy's eyes were darting frantically trying to take in his surroundings. the surrounding he had so marvelled at just hours ago.

When they finally locked eyes his face went to stone his bruised jaw visibly clenching.

is he angry?

Without any warning he scrambled his jeans on and slipped his feet into his untied trainers, huffing and sighing in frustration.

The boy stumbled towards the window still clasping the buckle of his belt, Before shoving it open and hopping out, running back In the direction he came from. Without saying a word.

And then he was gone.

Eris sat up slowly. wiping her eyes of sleep. her lips slightly parted, she stopped before a delayed "morning" floated out of them. He didn't give her time. Time to say anything. Do anything. Her brain tried to process the boy's behaviour. She was in absolute amazement.

what the actual fuck just happened?

she thought, taking a cigarette from her bedside table a biting it between her teeth.

She leaned back onto the width of her uneven bed as smoke heaved from her mouth. The mattress still held onto Billy's silhouette, so she knew he was really there. The girl stared up at the ceiling deep in thought.